Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Nails partially paint clothing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the packs expect for Journey to Batuu, Courtyard Oasis Kit and Industrial Loft Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select any nail polish for Sims.
What happens when the bug occurs? The nail polish affects clothing and creates a pattern according to the nail polish.
What do you expect to see? Nail polish shouldn't affect clothing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated the game to 1.79.93.1030.

Nail polish creates patterns on Sims' clothing. Multiple clothing pieces from multiple packs are affected.FaultyNailPolish.png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 27 (7,755 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [LL] Nails partially paint clothing

Hero

Your manicure should stand out - in a good way. It is part of your ensemble and can complement an outfit, adding personality and finishing the look. But what is not a perfect complement is that your manicure kinda became part of your outfit, as in literally part of it drawing a line across it, so we have made a fix for that. This fix is across multiple Create a Sim assets across the Base Game and Packs.

Fixed in Patch 1.82.99/1.50

If you still find clothing that has this issue, please create a new thread. Make sure to post a picture of the asset.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 27 of 27 (3,592 Views)

All Replies

Issues with nails

★★★ Apprentice

There are some issues with the new nails; mainly that there will be a line/stripe on some clothing with some of the nails (these are all in game clothing from other packs). I like the idea of nails; but it needs work so that we can really use them along with all our favorite outfits for the sims. One was a jacket I think was from the base game and others seem to have reported similar issues with other clothing. 

I included some pictures for examples

I hope this can be fix.

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 27 (7,693 Views)

Re: Issues with nails

Hero
@XxAirixX I merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 27 (7,671 Views)

Re: Nails partially paint clothing

★★★ Novice

Issues with some but not all of the nails for me on the kimono with a "jacket" from Snowy Escape. All but three of the nails cause the stripe glitch.

Message 4 of 27 (7,662 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here are the other nails that don't cause the stripe glitch. 

Message 5 of 27 (7,658 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah I am also having this problem, Im currently combing thru to take note of which clothing items out of the ones i have are having the problem. 

Message 6 of 27 (7,609 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Nails partially paint clothing

★ Guide

Same problem here on PS4. I had this issue with male sim, a vampire. Firstly I didn’t notice because nail polish was black, but when changed to lighter one or white a stripe appeared just below his waist on trousers in the color of nail polish. I didn’t change his clothes just the nails. Not all nails do that, as I found one sharp set from Spa Day that wasn’t causing this issue. 

Message 7 of 27 (7,292 Views)

★ Guide

I have this issue too. I noticed it with a dress from Romatic Garden. The three nails that bi_bi_binch mentioned work for me too and the rest of the nails cause a stripe.

Message 8 of 27 (7,273 Views)

★★★ Guide

I haven't screenshotted it but you can see for yourself, try the kids towels male or female and apply the nail polish, there is a texture conflict with it, 

Message 9 of 27 (7,205 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm experiencing this bug too, specifically with a female vampire toddler, with a dress and sweater both from the toddler pack. I haven't seen it yet on either of her YA vampire fathers, or on clothing from any other dlc pack/base game. Both base game nails and all their swatches do the same thing shown in the screenshots. (Edit: I also don't own the spa day pack)

Message 10 of 27 (6,641 Views)