[FIXED] NPCs coming into apartments/houses uninvited

by JochenWeiss

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CL] NPCs coming into apartment uninvited

★★★★ Novice

My Sims now live in the big penthouse, but no matter what appartment they lived in, I always get NPC sims randomly walking in the door without being invited in.

When my sims had their baby, I had NPC sims walk in randomly when my baby started to cry and go over to the crib, Unfortunately with those NPC sims standing at the crib, My own sim could not get to her baby to take care of it. This is very annoying.

When the baby wasn't there yet or since the baby has turned into a toddler, I still get NPC sims just walking in uninvited (as was the case before they had the baby).

I have tried locking the door to keep them out, but the downside of licking the door is that invited sims can't get in either. I do not want to give out apartment keys,because I already have enough NPC barging in uninvited.

This really is a very big issue in my opinion. I prefer to decide when my sims have people over instead of the game deciding this for me.

Message 30 of 151 (10,409 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

@daleylife Has it happened with any other NPC's? Can upload your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Message 31 of 151 (9,559 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having this bug too. A strange sim just entered my appartment without any previous interaction.

Message 32 of 151 (9,499 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have a maid who stands outside my door and won't leave! Comes in also sometimes at random moments... and starts to interact with my sims and just lay around the place with no invitation inside...

Message 33 of 151 (9,490 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Uploaded my saves to that link.

Message 34 of 151 (9,455 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @daleylife

Perfect we have it.

Message 35 of 151 (9,434 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've had random moments with my neighbors deciding my apartment is fair game but my current apartment is public domain, apparently.

My sim comes home from another lot & there's a neighbor sitting on her couch reading a book. Later on she's taking a shower & Raj walks in to use her computer. This morning Raj's mom decided to bring her trash in, dump it on my Sim's floor & leave... Honestly, it's hilarious but I doubt it's by design (especially the trash; I literally laughed out loud).

Message 36 of 151 (9,401 Views)

Re: Solution to the Residential/Generic Lot Bug (Sims won't leave house)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just started experiencing this problem (in about three different houses) but when I move sims out to change the lot type, the lot type is residential. Never used mods or CC, game has the latest update, all packs except Spooky Stuff. I restarted the game (which I've done before) and I'm still experiencing this. I've locked all doors for everyone except household members, but those who are trying to come in just stay on the lot outside with their stats clearly going down. Also, this means I can't invite people round or have actual visitors. I believe all my houses are either from the base game and edited or if the residential lot was empty I filled it with a house from the gallery, but like I said, they're all classed as residential in the lot info section. They do leave eventually. I remember in one of the houses, I ordered three pizzas and each pizza delivery NPC would 'move in'. They'd change into their everyday clothes and start using the bathroom, however, these NPCs did have the option 'ask to leave'. Never seen this before, I didn't have this problem when it first originated, it literally started last week.

Message 37 of 151 (9,397 Views)

Hero

This sounds different than the original issue.

We have currently two issues similar to this: 

1. http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-CL-NPCs-coming-into-apartment-uninvited/td-p/...
  2. http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Toddler-parent-living-in-different-household-...

I'm guessing the first one is closer to your issue

Let me know so I can move to the correct thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 151 (9,387 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, it seems similar to the first one. I have City Living, but have yet to experience this with apartments, only with houses, so I don't think it's City Living related/caused. Also, I don't have the option to ask the sims to leave and it's happening with sims I've played as. Thanks.

Message 39 of 151 (9,382 Views)