Re: [OPEN] NPCs coming into apartments/houses uninvited

by SimQARobo

Original Post

Re: Other Sims seem to enter my house without being invited in and use my stuff.

Hero

HI @Wahanu92 

merged your post with exiting thread.

Could you answer the questions by @SimQARobo  above ?

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 121 of 151 (1,001 Views)

Re: Other Sims seem to enter my house without being invited in and use my stuff.

★★★★★ Guide

This seemed to start happening on my own file after the 2/21/19 patch; it doesn't seem to be consistent, either; I have some Sims still stop at the front door to knock, but others just walk right in, as if they immediately were interacting with something in the lot.

- B

Message 122 of 151 (990 Views)

★ Guide
This also just started happening to my apartment lots after 2/21/19. My household Sim will call to meal and the neighbors checking mail or throwing out garbage and any vendors from down below will come in and grab servings of food. I have double-checked for goofball and erratic traits and the ones I've checked don't have them. Diego Lobo is one of them. As a workaround, I locked my door for everyone but household members. That has seemed to work for now, but if I invite other Sims over I have to remember to unlock the door or they can't enter (they wave at me and have the X next to footsteps speech bubble). Non-household Sims will also sometimes stand outside the elevator and use their phones and have sparklies over their heads because the lot trait is good wifi, so they're effectively using my Sims' wifi.
Message 123 of 151 (977 Views)

Hero
Could you all provide answers to SimQARobos Questions on Page 12. Thanks. That would help a lot.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 124 of 151 (970 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Do the NPC's have these characteristics? (Goofball, Erratic/Insane)

The chief culprit in my game right now is Salim Benali, so no.

If not, do you use mods?  If you use mods, does this still occur when your mods folder is cleared? 

I am not using mods. 

Other potentially useful information:

Lot in question is the FountainView Penthouse. Salim Benali (whom my sims know and like) occasionally wanders in, usually to play the guitar. It's only at the time that he's about to leave and returns to the elevator lobby that I get a message trigger about him stopping by in search for some inspiration. Then he stands there for a bit, as if expecting for someone to let him in, even though he just left through those same doors. This leaves me wondering if things are triggering out of sequence.

Edit: Adding save game

Not Salim this time, but I just had a gentlesim wander in from the Humor & Hijinks festival to use the apartment's washroom - he does not have either the goofball or erratic trait. Save catches him in the process of leaving after getting spooked by the talking toilet, but you should see him wander in again in a few minutes.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ryB_AiMXduocNn3L77WZFcULHuAY7xMP/view?usp=sharing

Message 125 of 151 (924 Views)

EA Sims Team

@EngineerDaisho 

Thank you for the save file Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 126 of 151 (880 Views)

★★ Guide

@SimQARobo 

You're welcome!

If it helps at all: Rohit Bhatti (the sim in question in said save file) is a neighbor, which I had forgotten about at the time. From that save point, he's since surpassed Mr. Benali as Chief Uninvited Visitor to the apartment, including being inexplicably present inside the apartment after I've ducked out to Manage Worlds and then back in to the Vicar-Trapezium family again. (He's even popped in once with a armful of dirty dishes to wash them in the sink!) Sometimes after he leaves to return to the elevator, he'll idle there and I'll get one of the pop-messages associated with a visiting neighbor, but not always. It does lead me to think, though, that it's something in the code driving a neighbor sim to visit that's out of whack. 

Message 127 of 151 (851 Views)

EA Sims Team

@EngineerDaisho 

Whenever you see the issue, is there always a toddler on the lot?  We're wondering if the issue is connected with toddlers somehow.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 128 of 151 (847 Views)

★★ Guide

@SimQARobo 

I can't say for 100% certain, but since there's a toddler in that household, I would say it's extremely likely that the toddler is on the lot when this issue occurs. (Does the common area / plaza outside the apartment count as part of the lot in this case? If so, then I'm almost certain the toddler is there.)  

Message 129 of 151 (845 Views)

EA Sims Team

@EngineerDaisho 

Not sure.  We're looking into it further.  Thank you for the information thus far.

Message 130 of 151 (842 Views)