Re: [OPEN] NPC invites occur on wrong lot

by SisterGloomy

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Just started experiencing this as well. 

Have about 90 hours of play time with no mods or cheats and this bug never happened until now.

Not sure if it's related but last night I went on vacation to Selvadorada just to check it out but I didn't save the game.

Honestly I was hesitant to even do that because it seemed to me it would cause problems but I thought "why am I being so paranoid this game can't be that broken". 

So yeah not sure if it was that.

But also **sidenote** I reloaded my game and sent a "happy text" to get an invite. Accepted the invite but this time selected to bring a friend along and I traveled to the correct location. This might be a workaround but I don't always want to bring friends along .

Message 61 of 78 (1,351 Views)

★★ Guide

This is happening for me too.

Message 62 of 78 (1,281 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Since the last update I've been having this issue as well. I don't use mods or custom content. It's really annoying when my sim gets asked out on a date to a nice restaurant but instead we're whisked away to an empty lot. I hope they fix this like yesterday. For now i'm selecting no to all invites which really sucks.

Message 63 of 78 (1,238 Views)

★ Apprentice

This has been happening to my Sims for a while now, and in my last game I ended up in the jungle and could not get home.  This bug is not a huge problem, in that it's not preventing me from playing, but it's very inconvenient to expect to be at one venue and end up at another.

Message 64 of 78 (1,229 Views)

★ Novice

This is happening to me also! Ever since Get Famous came out. I thought it was fixed, but it's definitely not. Every time I'm invited out somewhere, I end up somewhere completely different.

Message 65 of 78 (1,133 Views)

Re: BUG: NPC events arriving at wrong venues

★★ Apprentice

I just want to mention that this bug is still happening. Every time I am invited somewhere, I end up going somewhere completely different. I think by random chance I ended up where we were supposed to go ONCE. Otherwise it's a roll of the dice... And it's usually places I don't want to go. I got invited to a date at nice restaurant and ended up at once of those 10x15 parks... Frank + Beans on the grill and a swing set isn't my idea of a fancy night out. Why did I wear my tux!?  

Message 66 of 78 (1,070 Views)

Sims Ending up in Strange locations when invited out

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? almost all except vampire and exercise
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play game
What happens when the bug occurs? when the sim being played receives an invitation to meet at a specific location; and accepts; they end up at a different location. ex: request to meet at restaurant and end up at a vacation world or park etc. If they end up at a vacation world they are unable to return home unless you have a different family member or play a different family to bring them home
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to end up at the location they were invited to
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please fix this. 

Message 67 of 78 (1,029 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Is anything being done about this bug? I seem to get it just about every time my sims are invited to most venues and it is tiring and annoying. Started a new game, immediately the same problem again.

Message 68 of 78 (1,024 Views)

Re: Sims Ending up in Strange locations when invited out

Hero

Hi @Mysteek220065 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 69 of 78 (1,015 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Me too. I have this issue whenever my sim is asked to go somewhere. They never go to the right lot. 

Message 70 of 78 (955 Views)