Re: [OPEN] NPC invites occur on wrong lot

by loyabe

Original Post

★★★ Guide

I am having the same problem, see below:

Product: The Sims 4              Platform:PC           Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur?

Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? unknown, presume the latest since I just purchased the game a few days before Christmas 2018

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?

Get To Work,Get Together, Seasons | Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, Dine Out, Outdoor Adventure | Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Kids Room, and Movie Hangout.

What happens when the bug occurs?

Sim is invited on a date or to hangout at a community lot, when the Sim accepts the invitation, the Sim is NOT sent to the correct lot. e.g. If the Sim has an invitation to go to a bar, the sim is sent to a retail lot.

What do you expect to see?

I expect the sim to arrive at the correct lot, especially since the game will not allow you to travel to another lot like in Sims 2 and Sims 3.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No, it has always occurred.

Message 31 of 78 (1,705 Views)

★ Apprentice
Same bug in my game. No mods, no cc. Sims invited to a venue and sent somewhere else.
Message 32 of 78 (1,679 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I don't know if this is related, but even before the GF patch my Sim would get club invites from fellow members to go to non-club venues -- for example I'd have the club set for Any Gym but the invite would be to meet at a bar or a restaurant. With GF, I have Event Showcases being scheduled for non-Lounge venues; I changed the Stargazer Lounge in San Myshuno to residential and put Uptown Glass there, but it's still showing up as an Event Showcase location instead of one of my other lounges, and there's no way to edit the location. 

Message 33 of 78 (1,629 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this issue too, and the only way to seem to fix it is to start a new game which I don't want to do because my current family would lose all their progress and relationships. Anyone have any fixes yet, or know if something is in the works to fix this?

Message 34 of 78 (1,625 Views)

When sim is invited on a date travels to different location

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything EXCEPT the following: Vampires game pack, My first pet stuff, Toddler stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kids Room stuff, and Fitness stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? A dialogue box pops up and my sim has been invited on a date. It then gives a destination, the first instance was a date at Salty Paws Bar. I then accepted and they ended up at Discoteque Pan Europa in Windenburg. The second instance, the sim was invited to The Narwhal Arms in Windenburg, I then accepted and then end up at The Salty Paws in Brindleton Bay.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim travels to the wrong place automatically.
What do you expect to see? I expect to arrive at the place indicated on the date request.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened yesterday, Jan. 15th. I last played before this on the weekend with no problems. Could be the new trivia patch that was added. Have repaired game and not sure this has helped.

Screenshots of date request and then when they land together at the wrong place.

Message 35 of 78 (1,569 Views)

Re: When sim is invited on a date travels to different location

Hero

Hi @SoulGal7

I merged your post with existing bug report

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 78 (1,552 Views)

★ Pro

I think the events being scheduled on the wrong lot, may be a different bug. Are you using a save made before Get Famous release? as i have the same problem just on a different lot. For me all saves made before Get Famous was released are affected. Starting a new game, the game recognises the lot has changed but refuses to acknowledge the same, for any game started before release.

Message 37 of 78 (1,519 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I keep getting this as well. I've been invited to the Bluffs, and ended up at one of the nightclubs. I got invited to a spa, and ended up at a museum.  There have been a couple others as well.   My invites/arrivals are at least within the same expansion area. 

Message 38 of 78 (1,471 Views)

★★★ Novice

This issue has happened to me all day today. Have shut down the game and everything and nothing works. NPC invited me to a bar, we ended up at a cafe. 

Message 39 of 78 (1,437 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just thought I'd throw my experience in there as well. I have clicked the me too.... but my child sim was invited to play hooky at the bluffs, but they ended up at a bar in Windenburg. Not a fun place to play hooky.

Message 40 of 78 (1,407 Views)