Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] NPC invites occur on wrong lot

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Laundry and My first pet.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make some friends and wait for an invite.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim is receiving a text invite out after my Sim accepts they travel to somewhere different to what was in the invite. My Sim was invited to, The narwhal arms nightclub, so i accepted but after the loading screen they where at the lounge in brindleton bay. My Sim was then invited to, The blue velvet nightclub, after i accepted they where sent to, Roadstead a shop. I have seen someone else reporting this but could not find it, to add to.
What do you expect to see? If i except an invite to a nightclub for it to be a nightclub, not something else.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch.

Message 1 of 78 (7,439 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] NPC invites occur on wrong lot

Hero

I'm locking this thread to not make it more confusing as it already is

Please use either of those threads (me too should do the job)

Use the first one if it's specifically for festivals, second one for everything else. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 78 of 78 (4,011 Views)

All Replies

BUG: NPC events arriving at wrong venues

★★ Apprentice

I am unsure if this is the result of a bug from Get Famous or the November patch, but now whenever my sim is invited to a venue by an NPC (restaurant, bar, etc), we arrive at the wrong venue. For instance, I was invted to a charity fundraiser that was supposed to be at the Narwhal Arms but wound up at Magnolia Blossom Park. Anyone else experiencing this?

Message 2 of 78 (7,361 Views)

Re: BUG: NPC events arriving at wrong venues

★★ Apprentice
I am experiencing the same exact thing since the new patch, or Get Famous downloaded. Not sure which. But it's annoying. I got invited to a hot date at a fancy restaruant and ended up in that f***ing Salvadora bar. Must have been quite the flight...
Message 3 of 78 (7,344 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@John4est

Are you sure it was AFTER the Patch? There was an issue with getting invited to the Selvadorada bar prior to the patch and the patch should have solved that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 78 (7,334 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Hi @haako40 and @John4est

merged your post with existing bug report. There have been a few reports on this elsewhere as well.

@jpkarlsen for awareness.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 78 (7,326 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Confirmed. However, when my Sim was invited to a restaurant, they ended at least in a different restaurant (and not in a pool or lounge).

Message 6 of 78 (7,309 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] NPC invites occur on wrong lot

★★★ Novice

Me too. Got invited to the Discotechque and I ended up in the Stargazer lounge

Message 7 of 78 (7,266 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] NPC invites occur on wrong lot

★★ Guide
I've been getting this as well.
When invited out to a restaurant that I had made while playing another played Sim, we ended up instead arriving at the default Chez Llama that I'd placed to begin with.

Not sure if it's related, but an NPC invited me to a Charity Gala at a museum in the new Get Famous world.
But the museum had almost nothing that such an event needed (and the game told me in a message in the upper left).
Shortly after loading in, the event abruptly ended and the Host Sim left, before we even finished walking into the Museum.
Message 8 of 78 (7,253 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@jpkarlsen It did happen after the patch; it's the reason I came to this thread... It might have been an issue before... And maybe it was fixed. But this (new) bug took me there anyway... However, that bar was just one of many bars I had to go to where the phone invite stated otherwise. I did not experience either aforementioned bugs before. Additionally, I was watching some youtubers play the game, reviewing Get Famous, and witnessed first-hand the same bugs I am experiencing. This includes but not limited to, the venue-jumping and sims spontaneously teleporting around the lot during certain and/or random actions .
Message 9 of 78 (7,138 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@John4est

There has been more reports of this happening so it indeed seems to be a new bug.

The teleportation you talk about is also known and you can read about it here in the bug forum. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Jumpy-Animations-Sims-teleport/m-p/7020473#M71950

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 10 of 78 (7,114 Views)