Re: NPC Social Events always end badly

by VraieEsprit

Original Post

I just had this with a date, but it feels like it's only the shown report that's wrong - the wrong text for the actual outcome. There's no loss in relationship and both Sims are happy. 

Sul sul from Luth!
No, I don't work for EA. Just here as a volunteer for non-DM support.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods and CC?
Message 11 of 21 (2,138 Views)

Asked on date - automatic failure

★ Novice

Hey support

I have a problem whenever a Sim is asked on a date. The event only pops up with a timer, and not how to make a ''golden'' date. At the end of the clock the date fails. This ONLY happens when someone asks my Sim on a date. If my Sim asks somebody else on a date, it works and I can see the goals and all. 

This happened to me more than once and with different sims asking. 

Regards

Sugii

Message 12 of 21 (2,141 Views)

Re: Asked on date - automatic failure

Hero

Hi @Sugii

merged with existing bug report. I don't think there's supposed to be a timer on NPC events but they should not end badly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 21 (2,120 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm sorry to bring up this old topic again, but I have the exact same problem. A few updates ago, though, I was invited to a birthday party and I had goals. I used to get invited to dates with event goals, and, like everyone else, it stopped now. I just thought the 'Welcome to the neighborhood' one was like that, but I just got invited on a date and there were no event goals. This has put a stop to a lot of my households, since I'm just waiting for this to be fixed. I really don't want to lose relationships like I have already! But, even when I ask NPC's on dates, sometimes the event goals don't show up. Please help!Devil

Message 14 of 21 (2,015 Views)

Hero

Mods ?

If yo get invited, they are no goals. Are you sure you got them before and it wasn't your Sim that initiated the date for those ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 21 (2,009 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i had the same trouble at first but i think they work differently then player dates. I was invited to a date by an NPC and had similar issues such as no goals and such. So i Decided to just talk to her ( she has similar traits as my sim so i talk to her using dialogue to build similarity) after some time she said "It's so nice to be with someone I can talk to for Hours!". Shortly after the date ended and she said "Well, That was a nice time.I'll call you,maybe?" while i do not think the is the best response I think they intended to make the events closer to real-life than player initiated Social gatherings.  

Message 16 of 21 (1,960 Views)

Hero

This should be solved with the new party system

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 21 (5,046 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't know when the "new party system" came into place, but I have all of the updates and it still happens exactly as BladePuppy reported. There's a timer with no goals, after a while you get the "It's so nice to be with someone I can talk to for Hours!". Then the date ends with: "Well, That was a nice time.I'll call you,maybe?" This was with two Sims who are actively dating (boyfriend/girlfriend) and who are 100% in the green & pink bars. In my experience "I'll call you, maybe?" = "I'll call you, never." Kind of an underwhelming end to what should have been a nice date, and there's no hint or indication to what you can do to help the date "succeed" or if it's even possible.

I think from now on, I'll just refuse all dates.

Message 18 of 21 (1,800 Views)

Hero

What's your game version ?

If you are invited on a date, there are no goals still but if you act like you would (doing nice romantic interactions and other things you would do on a date, you should get a positive message.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 21 (1,792 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

So given that this was meant to be fixed in 2015, I'll just add that it's November 2017 and I have this problem with every date that a sim gets invited on. Ironically they are usually very close and have good dates and go out again afterwards with no problems. In most cases they end up together and there isn't a major cost to the relationship. But they always get that message about don't call, ever. I don't really know why, but I don't have mods and CC so it's not that. I don't have all the EPs or GPs and I don't have the C&D one either,but my game is up to date patch-wise.

It's not hugely intrusive for me because it isn't majorly hitting my social stats for my sims' relationships, but just as a heads up that this is not fixed and still an ongoing issue.

It happens with 100% of my dates where another sim invites my sim out.

Just to add that the content of the date is generally much the same as the content of a date when my sim initiates it and it goes well. They do a lot of relationship enforcing actions and have got to a high level of relationship by the end of the date. The sim in conversation etc is not showing up as being in a bad mood either. So this is a game twitch, presumably because no goals are spawned, none can be met and so the date can't end well...

Message 20 of 21 (1,385 Views)