Re: Teen Sims and Homework

by stv_strm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] NPC Sims leave homework in the Park

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I noticied this after I installed GTW.  Teen Sims no longer put homework in their inventories.  When NPC teens do it in public spaces or on community lots it stays on the lot.  I can delete the homework from community lots but there is no way to remove it from public spaces unless I find the teen and control them to make them remove the homework. 

Message 1 of 17 (3,883 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] NPC Sims leave homework in the Park

Hero

Homework that does end up in public spaces will be cleaned up after the active Sims have left the lot.
  • Canine Lot Service Dogs have responded with their own claims of animal cruelty, offering their criticism of the modifications, “Arooo, arf rrrr-ruff, aroo’grr.”
    • At time of publication, we are still waiting to hear back from the teens, but we can only expect things will not go well.

This issue should be fixed with Patch 1.36

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (3,579 Views)

All Replies

Undeletable abandoned homework in public spaces in Newcrest

★★ Guide

The NPC children in my game abandon their homework on the picnic tables in Newcrest (issue is not present with any other location in the game) and I have no way to move or delete those items (no interactions are available if I try and click on them). Repairing the game and/or traveling to another town does not remove those items. This behavior started immediately after the July 9th patch. I use no mods or custom content. I have all of the packs and patches installed. Could this be a bug?

Message 2 of 17 (3,775 Views)

Hero

Is it just the NPCs or the active ones too ?

That already has a thread here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/kid-doing-homework-on-sidewalk-after-school-leaves-b...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 17 (3,765 Views)

★★★ Pro
My glitch is different. So far it is only NPC Sims. I haven't seen my active kids do their homework on their own. Usually when they leave it somewhere, I am able to drag it to their inventories.
Message 4 of 17 (3,722 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

I did read that other post, however I created a new post after searching the forums for an hour and not finding one that matched my specific problem- it is only the NPC's that are causing my issue by leaving their homework everywhere- At this point, all but two of the picnic tables in the public spaces in Newcrest have abandoned homework on them- I am unable to move or delete it since there are no available interactions if I click on it. I do not have this issue with playable kids and their homework-  I am able to drag their homework into my inventory even if it's in a public space. It is close to the other post mentioned, but not exactly the same. Wink

Message 5 of 17 (3,709 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (3,675 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

In my game the Teens within my household leave their homework books wherever they were studying...I end up having to drag each book into their respective inventories! A pain when you're doing it every single day! (The problems of Life!!!)

Message 7 of 17 (3,670 Views)

★★ Guide

I wonder if it would be possible for the programmers to patch in an option to "throw away" homework. That would fix the issue.

Message 8 of 17 (3,618 Views)

★ Apprentice

great ideaStandard smile

Message 9 of 17 (3,550 Views)

★★ Guide

The 12/4/15 patch was great, and I am grateful for all of the work that went into it; however the abandoned objects issue still has not been fixed. One alternate (and possibly safer) solution might be to have a custodian NPC that goes through the worlds clearing Sim generated objects that have been abandoned in public spaces after a certain period of time has elapsed- homework, expired food, dropped items, etc. Have the custodian NPC carry a trash bag/receptacle with them, to eliminate the need for them to locate a trash can (since some public areas of the game don't have them).  The only fix for this issue that works is to start a new game, and I would prefer to not lose an entire year of game play.

Message 10 of 17 (3,509 Views)