Re: [NEEDS INPUT] NPC Phone call event triggers male to become pregnant

by PugLove888

Original Post

Male pregnancy with no alien abductions.

★★ Novice

I was playing in one of my main households and I got a pop up from Makoa Kealoha saying that they were trying to have a baby and asking what he should do. The options were something like 1. Go for it. 2. I don’t really remember And 3 was “you a father?”

I selected the go for it option and he said great! We’re going to have a baby. I assumed his wife would be pregnant but I invited them over and he was the one nauseous. There was no baby bottle over his head. Only the toilet so I wasn’t sure. I waited a while and switched over to their household and sure enough he is in his second trimester. 

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I’ve only seen males pregnant from abductions. I have no mods or CC in my game. 

Message 11 of 50 (2,009 Views)

@013MrsDDotCarter  I've merged your post with the bug thread on this issue.  Please feel free to click Me Too, and elaborate further if you want.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 50 (1,979 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks!! This is exactly what happened. He has since given birth and I received the achievement for male giving birth to alien baby.
Message 13 of 50 (1,951 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Recently had this happen as well. Male sim called to ask advice about whether he & his wife should have a child - my sim replied to say "go for it". This is an unplayed sim with the "Family Oriented" trait & career "stay at home dad"; he was good friends with my sim & has a wife who was just an acquaintance. Also already has 2 children in the household. Standard default traits for a male - can impregnate, etc. His wife is standard default traits for a female - can be impregnated. 

Male sim showed up to visit and he was very pregnant. Large smile

Sure - have a baby.png

Playing with just base game + Eco Lifestyle / no mods/cc - never used. 

Message 14 of 50 (1,903 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@BlackjackWidow, your example shows what is wrong with this.Large smile  If you didn't set him to be able to become pregnant, and you don't have Get to Work installed so he can become Alien pregnant, then there is no reason using the game's existing rules and logic for him to become pregnant! Raised eyebrowDisappointed 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 15 of 50 (1,866 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@PugLove888 - It's true, it was very surprising to see him pregnant! But I laughed and really don't mind it myself. He had a cute little girl added to his family and he's no longer pregnant, so there was no issue with the pregnancy & delivery, although I think they skipped the baby stage and went straight to toddler.

I like these new random phone calls with small ways to influence unplayed sims. It appears whoever makes the phone call is the one that gets pregnant. They're not running any checks to see if the sim is able to get pregnant. Probably not working as intended Standard smile 

Message 16 of 50 (1,828 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@BlackjackWidow, I think it also depends on how you play as well.  For me, I play each household in a separate save so I don't miss anything that happens in their lives, and also because I'm a bit of a control freak with my Sims! EmbarrassedLarge smile  So, if I see Mortimer Goth or Eric Lewis, or Malcom Landgraab  walking around pregnant, then I think it humorous too!  
But I can see if someone was playing the Goth household and then switched to another household in the same save game how it might matter a bit more if one of their other families suddenly  had a baby... but I guess in that case they better be careful to click on the "no" button when the option comes up! Wink

Message 17 of 50 (1,789 Views)

Re: Something strange happened to my sims - the sims 4 PS4

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yes, she is but she can't breast feed the child. I can understand that the grandpa asked his teen grandchild because I am playing all the families. However, I can't understand the fact that the grandpa was pregnant with a big belly, give birth, etc., and he is the father on the simology. 😠😡

His wife (grandma) is the mother, but she can't breastfeed the child... 🙄 😱

The grandmother(his wife) is a mother but can't breastfeed the child 😲🙁

Message 18 of 50 (1,748 Views)

Re: Something strange happened to my sims - the sims 4 PS4

Champion

@abc1692130347, the fact that the mother of the child can't breast feed the child is the only part of this that makes sense since the ability to breast feed only comes with being pregnant.  The mother was never pregnant, and therefore has no capacity to breast feed.  This is how it is in real life. Standard smile

In the future I wouldn't answer "yes" to the question of "should we have a baby?" if a male Sim is making the call. (unless you want that story line in your game).  Whoever makes the call is the one who becomes pregnant, so if you don't like this be sure to only click "yes" if it is a female who is calling (and then only if you wouldn't mind this particular Sim having a baby). Wink

Message 19 of 50 (1,663 Views)

★★★★ Novice

did you accidently click in a CAS mode that your male may be able to GET PREGNANT and get others PREGNANT? just a weird thought... maybe somehow that accidentally happened!? xoxo 

hope that works. 

xoxoxox leanteamqueenn 

Spoiler
Message 20 of 50 (1,613 Views)