Re: Sims wear the same clothing

by Lorraine-Simmer

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] NPC Households have same structure/name

★★★ Newbie

Hey there, thought I'd add in my screenshots,

Problem has always persisted since getting CL when it first came out.

"Townies 1" Screenshot is an image of the typical townies my game would generate, 

"Townies 2" was after I downloaded a Mod to try and fix the naming issue,

But you can see the game is still pulling CL clothing options and preferring to create Asian and middle eastern looking sims over every other type.

Is the Sims team even looking into fixing this? I's in no way game breaking, but I've decided to post now about it because... it's been two years.

Message 61 of 92 (1,636 Views)

Re: NPC Households have same structure

★★★★ Novice

My game spawned a bunch of townies with Japanese and Indian names when I made my newest family (located in Windenburg). I have three Kengos loose in the world now. It doesn't favor the vampire pack for clothing, but I do have a bunch of pale blond Asian sims running around in turbans and hair wraps, and it looks exceedingly odd. Maybe take those hats off random?

I saw a thread complaining about a lack of blonds in randomly generated townies, and if this is a fix, it's skewed way, way hard in the other direction. Skin tones rarely dip into the darkest third of the options. Hair is almost always blond. And I'm supposed to take it as a given that these Sims are eastern and southern Asian, if their randomly generated names are any indicator?

They should at least bulk up their name bank some more so that they generate with some variety. Running into all three Kengos at the Spice festival was a bit much.

Message 62 of 92 (1,583 Views)

Re: NPC Households have same structure

★★★ Guide

Wait, so you're all saying that this HASN'T been fixed in that HUGE patch? 🤦‍♀️

Of all things to fix, you'd think that they would've at least put some time into this one. I think this is a pretty serious issue, and I am legitimately shocked to see that it hasn't been addressed. This is very disappointing. It's in no way game-breaking, but it's still very clear that the townie generator is broken.

Message 63 of 92 (1,506 Views)

Re: [OPEN] NPC Households have same structure/name

★★★★ Guide
I've also been noticing that some families don't look anything alike and sometimes are the same age as their parent.
Message 64 of 92 (1,314 Views)

★ Novice

Hi @crinrict

Here is an example of the npcs, they don't wear the exact same things but they all wear similar clothes just in different colours. They all look really weird and have really strange names as well. The top 3 are what most of the npcs wear, all in different colours.

Sorry for the late reply.

idk1.png

Message 65 of 92 (1,264 Views)

Hero
Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 92 (1,234 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Another thing I've noticed recently: Ever since the free Caribbean clothes were added, on top of the CL and Vampires clothes, all the random townies seem to really favor them as well.

Also, notice how in the latest screenshot, even when they don't have a CL name, the dark skintone/red hair combination is still prevalent.

Seriously, Sims Team, this bug needs to be fixed now more than ever. It became especially glaring with Get Famous. Almost every single Sim that spawns; Actors, stage crew, paparazzi, fans... Almost all of them are red/blonde-haired Sims with Japanese or Middle Eastern names. Again, they're rarely ever young adults, too. Almost always adults or elders. And because of the sheer number of townies that spawn for these roles, the names are repeating pretty much constantly.

Message 67 of 92 (1,221 Views)

Hero

• Randomly generated neighborhood Sims should no longer shop exclusively within the City Living and Vampires Create-a-Sim catalogs, and are more likely to have expanded their clothing opportunities to all packs you have available for them.

The clothing was fixed in Patch 1.48.60

I have no idea if that also influences the names and other aspects of this thread. Be also aware that this doesn't magically fix existing Sims. It's for newly created one.

I'm taking feedback but we might need yet another thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 68 of 92 (1,039 Views)

[TO TEST] NPCs still mostly using City Living clothing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, City Living, Seasons, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Parenthood, Bowling Night Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a completely new game, and play so that some NPCs are generated to fill specific roles. I mean, not the households that are generated to fill empty homes; rather the single-sim homeless households that are generated to be maids, repairmen, bartenders, gym trainers, etc.
What happens when the bug occurs? These single-sim homeless houseolds are still overwhelmingly Asian, they mostly have City Living clothing on, and especially, they still mostly have Asian-sounding names.
What do you expect to see? According to the December 18th patch notes, these randomly generated sims should have a wider clothing range: "Randomly generated neighborhood Sims should no longer shop exclusively within the City Living and Vampires Create-a-Sim catalogs, and are more likely to have expanded their clothing opportunities to all packs you have available for them"
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I think the issue is fully described above, feel free to ask for any further details Standard smile

Message 69 of 92 (998 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Well, at least they'll wear terrible clothing combos from all other packs at least!
Message 70 of 92 (988 Views)