Re: Sims wear the same clothing

by Simkiim

Original Post

Re: Sims wear the same clothing

★★★★ Apprentice

This happens to me too. All of my NPCs have usually BLUE (pink, red) hair, the world possible clothing, as many accessories as they can have etc. and ALL of them have either Japanese name (Nakamura, Seiji, Kobayashi) or Spanish name (Juaréz mostly).

It's getting annoying. I would like to see northern Europeans, Italians, black sims with non-japanese name or even white sims with english names. Please!

Message 51 of 92 (1,559 Views)

Asian names

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game until you get to the game generating new townies
What happens when the bug occurs? They all have asian names.
What do you expect to see? I like the variety of names and etc but: If someone is generated as an asian, please, be an asian; I want to see people with common names too. There are A LOT of very unusual names.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I think this is how it is supposed to be, but it is really wierd.

Message 52 of 92 (1,561 Views)

Re: Asian names

Hero

Hi @guking

merged your post with existing thread

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 92 (1,531 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Ok, I think I found a "fix" for this. Well... partially. I play in Czech but I didn't like Czech generated names in my game. So I downloaded mod called English names for everyone (you can find it on Modthesims). It does not change names of the game (although I think they added more name to English) it just changes the first part which language should use which part of the code with names to English (for example: normally it would be "cz-cs: CZECH" but in the code it's changed to "cz-cs: ENGLISH". So - if you want ot keep your language names, just open the mod in Sims4Studio and change it back to your language (so from for example: "pt-br: ENGLISH" back to "pt-br: PORTUGUESE_BRAZILIAN").

Here comes the fun part - whatever language you use, find it in the code. You can see there are multiple categories, first are "normal" names that are in CAS randomizer. Then you have Pets names, Skeleton names, Maroccan names, Indian names, Latin names and Japanesse names. If you look at these, you can see that there is like 10 names only in each category (also note that they are devided for male/female names and surnames).

What I did - I copied male names in "normal" category a placed it in all "male" categories of my language (so Indian, Maroccan, Latin and Japanesse). Then I did the same with female names and surnames. There are latin, Indian, Arabic etc. names in this "normal" category too so it will generate Sims with "non-white" names.

I went to a bar and so many newly generated Sims - and no more Seiji Nakamura five times but Kiley Cary, Lewis Lloyd, Tasha Sanders... beatufil!

Also I am not a modder, I just opened tuning in Sims4Studio. I would suggest to not meddle with the languages as I said, because I did not try that. There are two other parts than just tuning and there is "0" in all languages, so maybe you have to change these too. I am using the mod as it was made and as I said, I just copied male (female, surnames) names from the largest category ("normal" names in English category) and put them everywhere I saw "ENGLISH" and some names - but not for Pets and Sceletons, I keep those.

Message 54 of 92 (1,522 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I used to use a mod for More Portuguese Names because there's onle 40 names and 40 last names in portuguese. (I like that selvadorada names are brazilian too) But it make EVERY ONE, pets, dogs, CL and etc, have those names. I just want to tune down the Asian names.

Message 55 of 92 (1,490 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Btw, @Simkiim can you make a tutorial on tumblr, forum, youtube or whatever to do it? I'm very afraid to do things like that

Message 56 of 92 (1,489 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thank you!
Message 57 of 92 (1,488 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm working on it. I need to test it properly first and I will hopefully post it tonight or tomorrow. I am at work now.

Message 58 of 92 (1,481 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Ok, I can't put link here so just look for "Asian townies" discussion on Sims 4 forum - english version - page 3 by Kolikokolitka Standard smile

Message 59 of 92 (1,462 Views)

Re: [OPEN] NPC Households have same structure/name

★★★★ Guide
I'm having this issue as well. It's actually funny how they add diversity then there's no diversity at all in the sims names/clothes. I just wish they randomized these things a bit better.
Message 60 of 92 (1,400 Views)