Re: [OPEN] NPC Households have same structure/name

by Beardedgeek72

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@annamarvel

Yup, I definitely have the problem with randomly generated families having children who look NOTHING like the parents as well. If it's a single parent-child household, like the one family you described, sometimes I'll rationalize it as adoption or the kid just resembling the absent parent. When the mother and father are BOTH present and the children STILL look nothing like EITHER of them, that's when I start to wonder if the genetics system for random households is broken. For example, you started off pretty strong with that one family at the top (assuming they're related and not just a household of unrelated Sims). The teenage daughter looks close enough like her parents, but then you get to the son. Where did he get red hair? Now, I know that red hair is a recessive trait that can skip generations, but still...

Why IS the game so completely obsessed with CL clothing (and Vampires clothing/hair for me)? I have every EP, GP, and SP. There are countless articles of clothing for the randomizer to choose from and it STILL defaults to mostly CL clothing (and Vampires clothing for me). As you can see from the Faust family, names really don't play into what clothing the townies spawn in. She has a non-CL name and is STILL wearing a CL top. And some of the CL-named townies don't seem to be wearing CL clothing. They do, however, definitely have the red/blonde hair trend seen in the vast majority of townies with Japanese and Middle Eastern names.

Message 21 of 92 (2,125 Views)

Champion
I wonder if it depends on where you play the most - I noticed that if you play in San Myshuno, the game generates townies to be background neighbourhood specific neighbours that hang around visiting the food stalls.

For example, in the Spice Market, I have a different set of townies than I get in the Arts Quarter. They don't live in any of the apartments there, but they are classified as "living" in that district as NPC townies.

I believe these townies will always use a City Living template when being created, so always city clothing and Japanese or Middle Eastern names and appearances.

So if you play in the city a lot, you might have an over abundance of these?
Message 22 of 92 (2,101 Views)

★★ Apprentice
None of my sims live in the city, hardly ever go there because of how laggy it is.
Message 23 of 92 (2,097 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

With two of my current files, one is in Brindleton Bay, the other in Oasis Springs. Even then there is still a major prevalence of these kinds of townies. Even if the San Myshuno thing explained it, though, I still don't think it explains the blonde/red hair thing or Sims just about only ever spawning in CL and Vampires clothing/hair/hats. With how often that happens, there is no way it's just a coincidence.

Message 24 of 92 (2,095 Views)

★★★ Guide
Message 25 of 92 (2,047 Views)

Message 26 of 92 (2,004 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

had this happen in my game too. the over abundance of CL names used was so bad. I had so many Rieko Watanabe's spawn that I am now seriously sick of both of those names (no offence to any Rieko Watanabe's out there).

I ended up editing the list of spawned names to include all the other CAS names for all types of spawned sims (and made all the CL/Vampire clothes non-townie usable), then deleted all my townies, it annoyed me that much, buy hey I learned something because of it so it's not all bad.

now I get diverse names, and townie sims look almost normal, at least it isn't the same outfit over and over and over along with the same name. hopefully, one day, this issue will actually get fixed and I'll finally be able to get rid of those edits.

Message 27 of 92 (1,974 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SimGuruIcarus

Did an experiment with DJs. I just kept spawning them, deleting them, waiting for another one to spawn, repeat. Every single one of them had a CL name. Two DJs with the Al Habib surname spawned despite there already being a Sim in the townie pool with the Al Habib surname at the time. And the blonde/red hair issue showed up AGAIN. This experiment proved that the red/blonde issue seems to be tied to Sims with Middle Eastern and Japanese names for some reason. Every single one of the three DJs which spawned with a Middle Eastern Name, two Al Habibs and one Al Fassi, had red or blonde hair. Two out of three of them had red hair while the third one had blonde hair. The one DJ with a Japanese name that spawned had red hair. NONE of the DJs with Indian names that spawned had red or blonde hair.

Long story short, I'm confident that there has to be some glitch in the townie randomizer system that causes Sims with certain names to spawn almost EXCLUSIVELY with red or blonde hair, that being the Middle Eastern and Japanese names. Said glitch also seems to be preventing townies from wearing hardly anything but CL and Vampires clothing. Even Sims that I randomize in CAS generate in predominantly CL and Vampires content.

Message 28 of 92 (1,928 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Lorraine-Simmer

Yes, we are aware of this issue and we are currently investigating.

Thank you for the extra information.

Happy simming! 

Message 29 of 92 (1,910 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I have an infestation of Japanese people since CL / Vampires:

85% of all townies in my game are light-skinned Japanese sims. ALL butlers, ALL maids, 90% of bar tenders are Japanese.
10% indian / pakistani
5% Arabic

No caucasian sims are randomzed at all.
No Sub-sahara African sims are randomized at all.

I have to go into Manage Households and delete 10-20 japanese (most of them albino white with blonde hair) Sims per playsession just to noth ave them overrun the game.
Message 30 of 92 (1,785 Views)