Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] NPC Households have same structure/name

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new file and observe the townies that spawn.
What happens when the bug occurs? Ever since installing City Living and Vampires, the townies in my game spawn almost exclusively in City Living and Vampires clothing. They also all have CL names, and the names repeat frequently, resulting in many townies with the exact same names.
What do you expect to see? The townie generator really should use the full list of options, but it clearly isn't. It's obviously just pulling from City Living and Vampires.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Vampires and City Living

I figured I'd repost this since there have been changes in the Bug Reports forum. Anyways, ever since installing City Living and Vampires, the townies in my game spawn almost entirely exclusively in clothing from those packs. Even if they aren't wearing anything from Vampires in their everyday outfit, just switch to formal or party, I guarantee you they'll have something from Vampires on. They also always seem to have CL names as well, and the names also tend to repeat, so you get a LOT of townies with the exact same names. I can only conclude that, for whatever reason, the townie generator is not using the FULL list of options, only that of CL and Vampires. Randomized Sims in CAS tend to generate in CL and Vampires clothing as well.

Other trends I've noticed:

- For some reason, a LOT of townies spawn wearing the eyeball ring.

- This happens even when I play in neighborhoods other than San Myshuno. I played in Brindleton Bay, and the same thing was happening, only they were spawning with pets who also had what I assume are CL names.

- Most male townies have a pear-shaped body, while most female townies have a potbelly.

- Interestingly, for some reason, CL names don't show up often in the CAS name randomizer. Randomized Sims, however, will usually generate in CL and Vampires content.

Message 1 of 92 (15,721 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NPC Households have same structure

Hero

Fixed an issue that caused weighting for names, clothing, facial features, and skin tones to skew heavily in specific directions if City Living or Island Living were installed.

Fixed in Patch 1.55.105

This is now the second fix for this and the thread is getting a bit old

If you're still having issues with NEW Sims (your existing ones won't be affected by the fix), please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 92 of 92 (9,300 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @Lorraine-Simmer

I've tried both randomizing in CAS and also checked on the household structure of my new save and they seem much more diverse for me now.

Did you try this on an existing pre-patch save or also on a new one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 92 (15,582 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I actually keep track of new townies that spawn in my game (before I delete them ) and they do seem to mostly be spawning with City Living style Japanese, Asian and Middle Eastern names), with many repeating.

Here are the names of the last bunch of townies that spawned in my game:

Myra Acharya

Seiji Yamaguchi

Kabir Gupta

Aicha Ferhat

Kyra Mahajan

Aizuki Watanabe

Riya Anand

Anvi Srinivasan

Ali Gherda

Omar Jaouad

Shingo Mori

Maki Tanaka

Fatima Al Fassi

Ayaan Gandhi

Rieko Ikeda

Mizuki Yoshida

Diya Gupta

Fatima Chafik

Mizuki Ikeda

Pari Kumar

Izumi Yamaguchi

Yumiko Mori

Saya Okada

Kayaan Ramesh

Genji Hayashi

Erika Hayashi

Seema Joyson

Mizuki Ikeda (again!)

Pari Gandhi

Seema Gandhi

Youssef Ichmawin

Then among those were a few that seemed to be more Western/European, but you can see that the ratio of those to the above is very low:

Selby Gunn

Chaz Velazquez

Maureeen Cory

As for clothing, if they have one of those City Living style names, they do tend to wear City Living style clothing, but not exclusively, as I've seen people in just regular t-shirts and stuff. I don't have Vampires, so I can't comment on that.

Message 3 of 92 (15,576 Views)

Hero

Is this on a pre-patch or new save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 92 (15,572 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Started a quick, experimental file in Willow Creek. Interestingly, in the first five minutes of gameplay, while a good number of townies spawned, only one appeared to have a CL name. There was still a noticeable prevalence of CL clothing, though. In one family, with non-CL names, one of the male Sims had a CL shirt and pants, while the child of the family was wearing a CL head wrap. In another family, the female Sim was wearing a CL shirt and pants, and she did not have a CL name either. I'm starting to think that maybe starting neighborhood has a lot to do with how the townie generator decides to spawn townies. San Myshuno and Brindleton Bay seem to spawn townies with mainly CL names. 

Message 5 of 92 (15,560 Views)

Hero

I've added for now.

Any other voices on this would be interesting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 92 (15,539 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I think we can disregard my Willow Creek experiment. I had forgotten that I had a mod installed which introduces a lot of English names to the list of potential names. I had installed this to see if a Sim's name played much into what kind of clothing they spawned in. Turns out that it doesn't, because even Sims with English names were spawning in predominantly CL content. I'd say that's been debunked. However, these are among the townies I have encountered within a 20 minute period on one of my legitimate, non-experimental saves without that mod:

- Two separate families with the surname Maeda spawned within three minutes of gameplay. One family was a father and a son, and the other was an elder woman.

- At least two of the townies were wearing that eyeball ring. Seriously, why are they all so obsessed with that ring?

- There was a mother and son with Japanese names, but I forget what they were. They looked NOTHING alike. The mother had dark skin and blonde hair, and the son had pale skin and black hair. They were both wearing at least one article of CL clothing.

- At least two townies were wearing absolutely nothing but CL clothing for their everyday outfit. Interestingly, one of these townies did not have a CL name.

- Many townies, even if they didn't have anything from Vampires in their everyday outfit, would often be wearing something from Vampires for their formal and party outfits.

- Another recurring trend showed up again. The Sims with Japanese and Middle Eastern names almost all spawned with blonde hair. Sometimes they'll have red hair, but most commonly blonde, hardly EVER brown or black. Among these Sims were the father and son mentioned above, the mother mentioned above, a female child, and a Sim with a Middle Eastern name.

Message 7 of 92 (15,526 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm also seeing this quite often in a post-patch save. Many townies are generated with the same forenames and surnames of usually Middle Eastern or Japanese origins, whilst also having definitive Caucasian traits such as blonde/red hair, pale skin and eye colour and facial structure.

Could be chalked up to diverse genetics in Sims, but it's extremely rare in our world outside of plastic surgery or hair dye, both being ethical dilemmas in those territories. Blonde hair in Japan is usually considered thuggish or looked down upon, and plastic surgery considered unethical to some religions in Eurasia.

Message 8 of 92 (15,510 Views)

Champion

I definitely had the invasion of the blonde Japanese townies thing for a while.

Message 9 of 92 (15,496 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Some more of the townies that just spawned on my file:

- Mother and son, Erika and Nobuya Ikeda. The son was blonde, and the mother was wearing CL earrings and Vampires shoes for everyday. The mother was wearing a Vampires hat for formal, and she was wearing a Vampires top, shoes, and hat for party.

- Father and daughter, Naoki and Mizuki Kobayashi. The father had red hair, and he wore Vampires pants for formal.

- Paxton Cross, a vampire. Had a non-CL name, but wore a CL shirt, shoes, and Vampires pants for everyday, as well as Vampires hair.

- Dhruv Srivastava, elder. He wore a CL top and shoes for everyday, a Vampires suit for formal, and the eyeball ring for party.

- Prisha Chauan, a vampire. She wore a CL top and skirt for everyday, and a Vampires hat and gloves for formal.

- Ira Joyson, an elder. She wore a CL top and skirt for everyday and a Vampires dress for formal.

- Mother and daughter, Maki and Masami Mori. The daughter had red hair. The mother wore a CL dress and shoes for everyday and a vampires top for formal.

- Mother and daughter, Ayaka and Yumiko Sasaki. The mother had red hair. She wore a vampires top for formal.

- Omari George, elder. Not wearing any CL or Vampires clothes for everyday, but wore Vampires Shoes for formal, and a Vampires shirt, pants, AND shoes for party.

- Mother and daughter, Ayaka and Masami Hayashi. The mother had red hair and wore CL shoes for everyday.

- Gael Barkely, non-CL name, but wore a CL shirt and shoes for everyday.

- Father and daughter, Masato and Ayaka Yamaguchi. The father was as white as white could be, and the daughter looked more Japanese, but had blonde hair. The father wore a Vampires top and pants for everyday.

- Salma Ferhat, blonde. She wore a CL top and shoes for everyday, a Vampires top for formal, and a Vampires top and shoes for party.

- Mother and son, Mizuki and Akito Tanaka. Surprisingly, both of them had black hair. I decided to keep this family, but I did change up their outfits a bit.

- Riya Acharya, a vampire. For everyday, she wore a CL top and shoes, Vampires pants, and the eyeball ring.

- Prisha Nair, a vampire, and an elder. She wore a CL top and skirt for everyday.

- Rosa Driver, a vampire, non-CL name. She wore CL shoes for everyday, and a Vampires dress for formal.

- Mother and son, Izumi and Kengo Watanabe. The son was blonde and Japanese, and the mother was very much white. The mother wore a Vampires top and pants for formal, and a Vampires top for party.

- Mother and son, Maki and Kengo Fujita. Again, the mother was clearly WHITE, but her son was Japanese. The mother wore CL shoes for everyday, a Vampires top and pants for formal, and a Vampires top and shoes for party.

As you can see, there are some very clear trends. Single parent and child families and single elder families are especially common. A LOT of the townies spawn in CL and Vampires content, and the vast majority of Japanese and Middle Eastern Sims are spawning with red or blonde hair. And you also see repeating names, as well as Sims whose appearances do not match their names at ALL.

Message 10 of 92 (15,487 Views)