Re: Problems after installing Nifty Knitting

by jeni2810

Original Post

Re: Nifty Knitting glitch *knitting instead of eating*

Champion (Retired)

@LimeDovahkiin 

Take the basket out of the sims inventory to stop this behavior.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 21 of 51 (1,130 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [NKSP] Dropping everything to start a new knitting project

★★ Apprentice
@comicsforever tomorrow morning when I get home I'm going to try this with a new save. For now I have taken her knitting bag away from her and I'm having her do odd jobs to get some money coming in because so far she's only sold one thing on Plopsy
Message 22 of 51 (1,174 Views)

★★ Guide

Whats interesting is that removing the basket and putting it back in has sometimes reset the sim for me.

Message 23 of 51 (1,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@comicsforever Hi, please don't take it personally, but since you asked the question, you will get the answer Standard smile

Yes, I have both packs. And yes, I play in Port Promise as everyone can expect after I bought it recently.

In my brand-new save-game the follwoing N.A.P.s are active: Eco firendly Appliances, Green Initiatives in Port Promise, Power Conversattion and Clean Energy Production.

So no N.A.Ps. that forces the Sims to do something themselves, like gardening, making music or something similar. Apart from that, there was a patch after Eco Living to regulate exactly this obsessive behavior of the Sims. And it worked well!

Now it looks as if the same bug has crept in again. For me it seems to be confirmed again that EA / Maxis don't test their game properly before releasing a pack. Which comes as no surprise to me, because one can see nicely in the streams / viedos that the Sim-Gurus have no clue how to play the game. (Remember the vid in which a gamer shows a game-designer that several features in buildmode doesn't work?)

Well, I'm not in the mood, to turn off a game content for which I spent money in June. Just being able to flawlessly play a new game content on which my 'stupid-me' spents its money this week. Because it makes absolutely no sense!

That there are ways to programming and play the game error-free, is embarrassingly shown, by all the amazing modders out there. They are most of the time faster in correcting the game, as the company who takes our money impertinantly again and again.

We are the beta-testers ever since The Sims were relased in 2000. And I'm so tired of it!

Sorry, not sorry.

Message 24 of 51 (1,188 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@comicsforever just started a new save and turned off NAPs before I exited CAS. Sim still wants to knit on her own with bag in inventory
Message 25 of 51 (1,166 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have been having a similar problem, in my brand new save game post Nifty Knitting install. My Sim has the Knitting aspiration, lives with her cat in her Nifty inspired Cottage. A cache clear and new TS4 folders didn't resolve the problem.

Yes, with the knitting basket constantly in her inventory, she would stop doing everything and anything to knit. Even in the bath, though there was no animation, just both Icons together in her actions.

I worked out that taking the basket out of the inventory might stop her constantly knitting and starting new projects - 2 pies full of projects to resume!  I realised this when she was supposed to be making a garden salad and finished a knitting project! Even though, again, there was no knitting action.

But she was also taking several in game hours to eat! An hour to make a single serving of Fruit Salad and 2 to eat it, and that was with cancelling queued actions, like pet the cat, and after I had removed her knitting basket!

So, I saved the household, saved the lot and started a complete new save game - OK she lost her friendships, items on Plopsy, inventory items etc, but, although only one test, she made her salad in 1/2 an hour and ate it in 20 mins!  I'm cautious as she hasn't done any knitting yet but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Message 26 of 51 (1,150 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@jeni2810 I've merged your post with the bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.
Message 27 of 51 (1,121 Views)

Problems since installing Nifty Knitting

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Having a knitting basket (in the inventory is worse, but appears to be a problem even on the lot) has had several unpleasant effects. All tasks, particularly sleeping, preparing and eating food and showering, take much too long. Removing the basket from the inventory helped with sleeping, but not the food one. Lately, I'm also noticing that my sim is not building all skills. It appears that reading skill books (even with the bookworm trait) no longer works. Not happy about this.

Oh, and no mods, no CC, recently deleted cache files.

Message 28 of 51 (1,092 Views)

Re: Problems since installing Nifty Knitting

Hero
@DFF7 Merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 51 (1,005 Views)

Re: Problems since installing Nifty Knitting

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you!
Message 30 of 51 (949 Views)