[FIXED] Muscle tone not properly displaying in Live mode

by JasonVega2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Muscle tone not properly displaying in Live mode

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Skin textures on my Sims are not correct. They do not appear as "buff" as they do in CAS. I thought it was just the way they looked in game, until the correct texture appeared on one of the Sims. Compare the two images of the same Sim at the same place at the same time. The only difference is that I had tried the CAS cheat to see how the skin texture compared:

i60.tinypic.com/98vub8.jpg (drab texture)

i57.tinypic.com/10q9phs.jpg (correct texture)

I have tried every resolution from low to ultra. I have tried looking at different times of day. Tried different outfits. Tried using the CAS cheat to lower the Sims muscularity then increase it again. I have not been able to consistently get the "correct" texture. It will appear at random, persist for awhile and then revert to the less-ripped texture. Both my Sims in the same household have the same muscularity setting from CAS, but the texture is not always the same. Sometimes one Sim will have the correct texture and the other the wrong texture. Sometimes both have the correct texture. Sometimes both the wrong one.

No CC or mods. Digital download version, pre-ordered and pre-downloaded.

NVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti, driver version 340.52.

Intel i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 8GB RAM

Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1

Message 1 of 74 (16,713 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Wrong skin texture

[ Edited ]
Hero

Quoting this from another thread

@SimGuruArvin wrote:

The original muscle mass issue should be fixed for players that have set their Sims to “very high quality,” within the graphic settings. This was done on purpose for performance reasons. It was a visual issue that occurred directly from CAS to live mode.

There's another issue with muscle tones which can be found here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Loss-of-muscle-mass-weight-after-the-game-is-lo...

I'm going to mark this one as fixed but feel free to post if you still have this issue on high quality settings and by going from CAS to Live mode

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 70 of 74 (15,137 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 74 (16,551 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I have additional information and a possible work-around:

The male YA SIM skin texture not showing correctly in-game seems to be linked to the waist size. If the muscle slider is at maximum and the waist size is at minimum, then the in-game texture for male Sims does not match what you see in CAS.

*Increasing the waist size to about 10% seems to tip the balance and show the more muscular skin texture in-game again.

I'm theorizing that the Sim's weight is fluctuating somewhat during game play - and looking more muscular when they gain a litle weight (opposite of what you would expect) because of this bug. I haven't played enough to know if this work-around persists, and I haven't tested my theory on any other type of SIm except for the Young Adult Male. If is stops working, I'll post again. Otherwise, increasing the waist size a little is probably a valid temporary fix.

Temporary fix:

If your Sim's texture has changed to the "less muscular" version because their waist size has reached minimum, then

CTRL-SHIFT-C to enter cheats

CAS.FULLEDITMODE so you'll be able to adjust he waist size, not just the clothing

TESTINGCHEATS ON to enable cheats

SHIFT-CLICK your Sim and chose the "Edit in CAS" option. All your Sims can be adjusted at the same time, since CAS edit brings the entire household into CAS. Be *very cautious* about using this cheat on an NPC Sim - it can leave you playing their household instead of yours.

Increase the waist size a little to get the correct texture back in-game. It only needs to be a little above the minimum value

It will be ncessary to repeat thie process occassionally since your Sim will probably slim down again as they exercise

The CAS.FULLEDITMODE persists, but you will need to re-enter the TESTINGCHEATS ON *every* time you need to use the CAS cheat

Message 3 of 74 (16,537 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the additional info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 74 (16,532 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I've confirmed my suspicion: When the Sim works out a lot, their waist size drops. When it gets to the lowest possible setting - the skin texture changes to the wrong "less muscular" version. It's a simple matter (if annoying) to enter CAS with the cas.fulleditmode cheat to change the waist size, but it's a definite bug.

I apologize for asking this here, but I'm a relative newbie: Do I accept the work-around as a solution? It *is* a bug that needs to be fixed, but the CAS edit works to temporarily solve the problem.

Message 5 of 74 (16,511 Views)

Hero

I would accept solutions if you found a working workaround so others can jump directly to it.

It's still on the compiled list and I'm usually crossing out not bugs or solved bugs.

I'll make sure that the gurus understand this though and that stuff still need fixing. Finding the cause for something also helps them reproduce and fix.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 74 (16,504 Views)

no muscle gain from workout?

★★ Novice

i gave insta lean to my young daughter and now it seems when i work out she gains no muscles please help i want a ripped daughter lol

Message 7 of 74 (15,612 Views)

Re: no muscle gain from workout?

Hero

added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 74 (15,597 Views)

Sims muscle definition not rendering

★★★ Newbie

My self and several other players have noticed that muscle definition, at lower opacities other than full, are not rendering. Full muscle opacity appears fine, but lower opacity isn't visibe.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=535150#post4536049

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12700218/#Comment_12700218

Message 9 of 74 (14,400 Views)

Re: Sims muscle definition not rendering

Hero

Like in this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Wrong-skin-texture/m-p/3485621 ?

@barf456 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 74 (14,390 Views)