Re: [OPEN] Multiple text notices for the same ghost being removed from game

by dolldrms1

Original Post

★ Pro

I had been playing a new save after installing JA but went back to a save I hadn't played in a few months for a change of pace.  During the course of the play session I received notification for the spirit fading for two different sims.  The notice for the first sim arrived 5 times and the notice for the second sim was received 3 times.  Have no clue why the number of notices received varied.

As a rotational player, I like the fact these notifications were added to the game.  Gives me time to get back to a lot to strengthen the connection for ghosts I want to hang around but maybe not actively play.  Some I just let go but it's nice to have the option because of the notices.  I hope it can be resolved to just getting one notice.  I wouldn't want to see the feature nerfed because of this issue.

Since the OP plays in a different language than I do, I'll just add that my game is in English and I've never used mods or cc.

Message 11 of 57 (4,066 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I also have this bug and it also getting worse (first 2, then 3, 5 messages etc.)

But the feature is very useful, just needs to get fixed.

Message 12 of 57 (4,054 Views)

Re: Too many ghost messages

★★ Novice
Yeah.. i have that bag with spam messages of Spirit Disapeared..
Message 13 of 57 (4,022 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I, too, just received a Spirit is Fading Away message 21 times at the same time. There were so many of them I kept pressing X and thought it was frozen! Come to find out from the Notification Wall that I just got 21 of the same message about the same spirit in a row.

I think 1 is warning enough Wink

Message 14 of 57 (3,941 Views)

Hero
Is this still happening ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 57 (3,871 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi Crin, I can confirm that yes, it's still happening.  I don't have any mods or cc in my game.  I started getting multiple notifications for the same ghosts.  Going to try restarting the game and hope that helps.

Edit:  Nope that did not fix it (restarting).

Message 16 of 57 (3,866 Views)

Hero
Thanks for your feedback :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 57 (3,842 Views)

★★★ Novice

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? I'm getting 8+ notifications every time a sim's spirit is going away.. which is very often.

Message 18 of 57 (3,815 Views)

Multiple Notifications: Spirit Fading Away

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Exp: Get Famous, City Living, Seasons, Get Together, Get to Work Game: Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Stuff: Laundry, Vintage Glamour, Movie, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When an unplayed Sim that your played Sim has met has died, and the ghost's spirit is fading away
What happens when the bug occurs? Multiple notifications appear for the same ghost sim that is 'fading away' (started with doubles, then increased and I now receive 19 notifications for each one - at least a few of them a day and it is filling up my notification wall constantly). Related to 'strengthen connection to physical world", but it could have been any sim that my sim met even just once.
What do you expect to see? I would expect to receive ONE notification if a ghost Sim with a high relationship level with played Sim is starting to fade, giving the opportunity to strengthen the connection. However, I personally think this type of notification should be a toggle on/off based on preference (i.e. not everyone likes to play with ghosts).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

see screenshot

Message 19 of 57 (3,798 Views)

Re: Multiple Notifications: Spirit Fading Away

Hero

Hi @paulinajasz 

merged your post with existing thread.

Please click me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 57 (3,782 Views)