[FIXED] Multiple instruments of some kind added to NPC inventories

by ruwubee

Original Post

Re: Game (w/City Living) is creating instruments in Sim inventory.

@Ayradyss merged as requested Standard smile

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 11 of 21 (605 Views)

Hero

I've adjusted the title a bit

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 21 (600 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Multiple instruments of some kind added to NPC inventories

★ Pro

Related to the multiple instruments showing up in inventories is that my sims are maxing out their guitar and violin skills when I'm not playing them as well. Not acceptable. I see my sims playing chess around town and don't return to find they've maxed out their logic skill, it should be the same with instruments. 

Message 13 of 21 (585 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

That has always been the case and is not a bug. They learn skills when you not play them. If they play a lot, they max it out.

You would need to post in the feedback forum over at the officials for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 21 (581 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's not just guitars either, it's happening with slablets and books too and if I sell the multiple copies then the one I'm left with often becomes completely unusable and can't interacted with or sold in any way. 

Message 15 of 21 (569 Views)

Hero

Are you using any mods ? Do you know where the NPCs have them from ? Are you often at the library ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 21 (556 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same same same.

Makes my game unplayable due to lag and speed 3 lag that it creates.

Message 17 of 21 (539 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict wrote:

That has always been the case and is not a bug. They learn skills when you not play them. If they play a lot, they max it out.

You would need to post in the feedback forum over at the officials for that.

Ok. 👍

Message 18 of 21 (510 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this happen with violins

Message 19 of 21 (497 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue too (along with various other items appearing in sims inventories too). The instruments mostly seem to appear in the inventory of played in-active sims that have been used as NPCs to busk, but this is not the only explanation, as children are never busking in my game, yet they often have several (adult-only!) instruments in their inventories. Not sure if clubs are playing a part (I have children playing instruments in clubs, but haven't noticed yet if they play other instruments than the ones available on the lots). I haven't found instruments on teens/adults that haven't been busking.

Sims who have been used as NPC vendors at the flea market, often (but not always) have the collection items or toys they were selling in their inventory when I rotate to play them.

Sims have books written by other sims appearing in their inventories. I have no idea where they are getting them from, as all books my sims have written have been published (no copies ever made), so these books are never available to me in the game.

I made one sim as a partner for an in-game  born sim, placed him in an apartment and didn't know at the time, that you now need to actually play them to mark them played (they used to be marked played automatically when placed in a home). Before I got around to playing the sim, he had been used as an NPC stall vendor at festivals, but never as a flea market table vendor. When it was his turn to be played he had a couple of posters and 5 snow globes in his inventory. Snow globes have never been sold at the flea market so far in my game (probably just a matter of time though), and none of my sims had started collecting snow globes at that time, so no one had duplicates to try and trade at the flea market either. Unless NPCs have started collecting items (and I doubt that), I simply have no clue why that sim would be having snow globes in his inventory, when I hadn't even started playing CL households yet. The boxes that you find snow globes in hadn't even started spawning in my game at the time (the globes he had were not the ones you can buy at swag stalls).

Message 20 of 21 (481 Views)