[FIXED] Multiple Toddler/Sims issues with eating/sleeping/stuck toys

by quantic_sakura

Original Post

Re: Toddler glitch since Island Living.

★★★ Apprentice
@TheWitchySimmer I am having this issue also, with food and toys. Cant eat, cant sleep, cant potty pleeeease EA help
Message 111 of 216 (3,009 Views)

Toddler can't eat or sleep if you play toys in toybox and cancel it.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When toddler play with toys in Toyboxs and cancel this activity. The bug will be shown
What happens when the bug occurs? When toddler sleep or eat. it will cancel and the toddler can not sleep or eat
What do you expect to see? Toddler can eat or sleep normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The bug in this vedio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBKKcafE2X8&feature=youtu.be

Message 112 of 216 (2,954 Views)

Re: Toddler can't eat or sleep if you play toys in toybox and cancel it.

@SimsCDR merged your post with an existing bug report on this issue. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 113 of 216 (2,896 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Multiple Toddler/Sims issues with eating/sleeping/stuck toys

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue, I am attempting the 100 baby challenge on stream and you can see me telling my sim to take care of the kids or have them eat or sleep and they just don't the only way i can get their needs back to green most of the time is to send them to daycare but i cant get my own sims needs up cause she is struggling with the kids.  They hold plates, sometimes two, i cant get them to do anything i need them to do. sometime i can have them play and do their skills but sleeping, eating and potty training is impossible.

Message 114 of 216 (2,859 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers stuck with Toys/Books after update

★★★ Newbie

I took away the toys and chest to stop the weird toy glitch and then just left the servings out for him to grab and eat. I removed the high chair. It seems to get him eating properly. 

Message 115 of 216 (2,823 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrictquantic_sakura Got this one too. I have to keep a very close eye on toddlers because even though they're hungry somehow during mid-meal (while still hungry) my toddlers go 'nah I'd rather starve to death' and put away the plate. Granted, I can make them happy and keep them from dying by starvation by mods but that's not the point, is it?
Message 116 of 216 (2,824 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Same bug.  Toddlers can't eat, sleep or go to potty.  I play vanilla.

Message 117 of 216 (2,820 Views)

Re: Toddler can't eat or sleep if you play toys in toybox and cancel it.

★★★ Newbie

This bug is also happening with child sims not just toddlers. I played an old save after the patch and wasn't having any problems but when I started a new save game it started happening. I haven't bought island living only updated with the latest patch, don't use any mods or cc, and clear the caches regularly. I hope this will be fixed asap as playing with toddler/child sims is a huge part of this game and its broken.

Message 118 of 216 (2,775 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

If you don't mind mods, LittleMsSam has added a fix for this to her Random Bug Fixes (search for it online). Standard smile

Message 119 of 216 (2,775 Views)

★★★ Guide

Was just about to post this... All of my toddlers are very broken. Not just the toy issue, but every action fails at least once. Potty, sleeping in beds, eating, talking to each other. Everything is malfunctioning. They stand around holding a toy and a plate in each hand, get in and out of bed... Adult picks them up to potty train or bathe them, and they immediately stand back up with their stuff in hand, doing nothing. 

While I had MCCC active, most of these actions were giving last exception errors. They still persist after mods are deactivated.

Message 120 of 216 (2,772 Views)