[FIXED] Multiple Toddler/Sims issues with eating/sleeping/stuck toys

by quantic_sakura

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] Toddlers stuck with Toys/Books after update

★★★★ Novice
@crinrictquantic_sakura Having the same issue. I found a work around. Shift click the toddler and debug reset them. They'll drop the toy on the ground where you reset them and go back to working as normal. You can also have them clean up toys by using the toy chest, this works at times but not always. Debug reset works 100% of the time.

I hope this helps!
Message 11 of 216 (9,548 Views)

★ Guide

I got this issue as well. I hope there will be an emergency patch otherwise my game is completely unplayable. Never used any mod or cc.  Frown

Message 12 of 216 (9,507 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This happened to me too.   I found the resetSim method from EA Help worked for me:

1) Open the cheat window by pressing CTRL + Shift + C. Hold all these keys at the same time to open the window.

2) Type resetSim Firstname Lastname and click Enter.

Make sure you enter the name of the Sim you want to reset.

For example: If you want to reset Gobias Koffi, type: resetSim Gobias Koffi, and press Enter.

N.B.  This won't reset them to zero, just make them playable again.

Message 13 of 216 (9,491 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same issue here, although I will also add that while my toddler is holding said toy, she goes in and out of other actions repeatedly. I asked her to put down the toy and potty but instead she just climbed on and off the potty 10 times until she used her diaper, then I directed her to eat and she picked up the food and then climbed in and out of a chair five times before I exited since I don't want her taken away and couldn't get her to eat.

Another toddler was picked up by her dad but he wouldn't put her down, though after awhile his arms dropped to his side like he had but she was still clinging on. Neither would respond to any action command. Screenshot attached.

Message 14 of 216 (9,476 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I has same issue, after last update (1020). Toddlers play with toys or read book and can't doing another action, because it interrupted. Exit the family solving a problem. resetSim code same, but it's very annoying.

Please, fix this Frown.

@quantic_sakura thanks for report this - my english is average (sorry!)

@Uncanny_Meerkat , @PocketBriye - big thanks for temporary solution! Without it game was unplayable Frown.

Message 15 of 216 (9,467 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It's happening to me with any object that can go into a toddler's inventory with the exception of produce. This includes plates of food and drinks (I think this and the bug where toddlers can't eat are probably related). Sometimes resetting the toddler has worked, sometimes it hasn't. If I can catch them before whatever object they were holding disappears resetting the object seems to work more often for me. When both fail, going to the menu and coming back solves it (although whatever object they had will probably be floating somewhere weird).

Things that cause toddlers to break

toys from the toy box

the tablet

books

plates of food

drinks

Alternatives for skill building

For imagination you can still have toddlers use the dollhouse, or have an older sim read them a book.

For communication they can just talk to the big stuffed animals

For thinking and movement the blocks on the floor are still okay to use

Alternative for eating

My toddlers have not had this bug when having them eat produce directly from their inventory, although resetting them if they touch any toys might cause produce to appear everywhere on the ground.

Message 16 of 216 (9,447 Views)

★ Novice

I have a similar issue but my toddler was stuck between sitting on the sofa and sitting on the floor while eating with a plate and toy in his hand and they both got stuck in mid air, I'm using no custom content or cheats.

Message 17 of 216 (9,441 Views)

★★★ Novice

yeah... the toys in general seem pretty broken xD

Message 18 of 216 (9,342 Views)

Hero
@panda-plumbobs Awesome picture

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 216 (9,340 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I really do hope the team fixes this quickly - if it messes with the Buzzfeed Multiplayer 100 Baby Challenge there will be quite a lot of angry people (including me, I want my Kelsey fix!!). It messes up a major part of the gameplay, I for one stopped playing while waiting for a fix because I play mostly with families. I'm glad to know there are some workarounds, but I don't want to have to ResetSim or go to CAS every time my toddler picks something up!

Also, when they fix it if they don't write the patch note like "Timmy, put your toy down and come eat! Timmy, please, PUT YOUR TOY DOWN AND GO TO BED! ...Toddlers were a bit too attached to their toys, but we have now fixed it. If only it worked in real life too..." I'll be sorely disappointed. xD
Message 20 of 216 (9,177 Views)