Re: [TO ADD] Toddlers stuck with Toys/Books after update

by NAUGHTYPEACHY

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers stuck with Toys/Books after update

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

My toddlers are just pretty much confined to their high chairs at this point; they'll spend hours just patting at/playing with their food, then cry to get out of the chair because they're tired (all the while, they haven't eaten a thing!) then tantrum because they're hungry, then back in the chair with a new plate of food, they cry to get out because they're tired...

I never thought I'd see the day where I'm looking at a kid thinking "You can either sleep or starve. It's been 24 hours. Your parents are on the literal brink of starvation."

[CM EDIT - merged posts together]

I don't know if this is related but mine are kind of doing the same thing? 

They'll make a meal, set it down...then put it away only to take out a plate of spoiled food from the fridge and make themselves ill?? 

Message 151 of 216 (843 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Toddlers stuck with Toys/Books after update

★★★★★ Apprentice

I feel so glad that I'm not the only one having this problem, but at the same time, I sympathize. I have the tiniest amout of mods installed and they're always updated for a new patch. The next thing I'd like to say is that to help others I've been using the "resetsim firstname lastname" cheat but I have just found tonight that you may not always get the item (oh well it was just a night light). Speaking of them, has anyone used them for their toddler/ child and not got the night light modlets either when they've had them on all night? I've been using the ones that go on the nightstand and I always get a modlet if they've been on overnight, but again since this patch they've disappeared too. It's ok for adults to read to kids, or adults to read in general, just seems to affects kids and toddlers, I have no idea why, I've been avoiding toys and and books altogether until it gets fixed. Which I hope is soon.  

Message 152 of 216 (819 Views)

Toddler won't put plate down after eating

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When the toddler eats of a plate of food from the floor, it doesn't put the plate on a table afterwards.
What happens when the bug occurs? The plate is stuck in the toddler's hands. Then the toddler can't use the potty or sleep, because of the plate.
What do you expect to see? The plate to be put on a table normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The toddler eats a plate of food from the floor and then doesn't put it on a table. It can't potty or sleep because of the plate.

Message 153 of 216 (823 Views)

Re: Toddler won't put plate down after eating

Hero
@will_dessi Merged your post.

Try resetting the toddler. It will happen again though, they're a bit broken currently

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 154 of 216 (815 Views)

★★★ Novice

How do you reset the toddler?

Message 155 of 216 (811 Views)

Hero
@will_dessi You can reset any Sim like this: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/how-do-i-reset-my-sim-and-what-does-that-do/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 156 of 216 (806 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@n3llypond I had this problem as well. I told my sim to cook a meal, she did just that then placed the plate down on the counter without eating the food. I had to keep an eye on her to make sure she's eating her meal.
Message 157 of 216 (795 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just hold the shift button, click the toddler and choose reset object. The toddler will drop whatever is in hands and can then perform other essentials like eat and sleep. 

Message 158 of 216 (701 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I just let my toddler play on the slablet. It doesn't get stuck in their hands and you can do everything on it that the toys do. The food isn't getting stuck to my toddlers, just toys. 

Message 159 of 216 (698 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Multiple Toddler/Sims issues with eating/sleeping/stuck toys

★★★ Newbie

I have this issue too and it has made all my game files with toddlers in it completely unplayable. I only recently got this game and had just started streaming it so I am very disappointed. It is shocking to me that such a serious issue has not been fixed yet!

Message 160 of 216 (675 Views)