by n3llypond

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Multiple Toddler/Sims issues with eating/sleeping/stuck toys

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the link!

Message 141 of 216 (1,263 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers stuck with Toys/Books after update

★★★★ Novice
@freakyteen21 I've had a few child sims get stuck with dishes in their hands as well.
Message 142 of 216 (1,219 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Toddlers stuck with Toys/Books after update

★ Guide

I've also noticed that when I try to feed my toddlers with produce from their inventory, all of it disappears. I don't know where it goes but I tell them to eat an apple and *poof*, gone. 

Note: I didn't take it out of their inventory, just straight from there.

Message 143 of 216 (1,196 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. And I play in french version

Message 144 of 216 (1,183 Views)

★★★ Guide

@StarryMight wrote:

@Zilverwolf2 : Yeah, sorry about that...and I do understand how you feel, since I've used fix mods myself. Embarrassed

Hopefully there will be a patch sometime this month (it's July now). Standard smile

I appreciate the link too, @StarryMight. It's just that relying on unpaid 3rd party modders to make the game work isn't fair to anyone, including the unpaid modders. We're not talking about cosmetic CC here.

Also, I tried the mod and it unfortunately doesn't work. The toddlers can finish their food, but that's about it. Everything else still doesn't work.

Message 145 of 216 (1,126 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same ting is happening to me. I thought that one of my CC's where broken so I scanned and took some off but it still happening, which is annoying because I currently have 6 toddlers that I'm trying to age up. I make a lot of food for them and the won't eat it, they won't or can't go to bed they keep waking up. They won't even go potty and keep wetting themselves. There's random plates and toys floating around the house. It's so annoying!!!

Message 146 of 216 (1,039 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Got the same problem... really annoying. For me resettign works, then the object appears next to the toddler and I can throw it away or put it back in the toy box.

But still hope this is going to be fixed soon! Also the Toddlers don't finish eating their plates... they eat like half and then put the plate down. Also relly annoying when you have to click over and over on the same plate so your toddler won't starve.

Message 147 of 216 (996 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@n3llypond Also forgot to mention my adult sims are acting strange. Like my sim would be hungry and will make her cook something but after cooking it she wont eat it; she's just puts the plate down. I have to click the plate and make her eat it. Or if I put more than 2 actions in queue she won't do them and the actions just disappear
Message 148 of 216 (954 Views)

Toddler hunger/sleeping problem meaning kid is confined to high chair all day?

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Correct/fix/thoroughly look at the Autonomy/UI on toddlers eating both in and out of high chair
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler either just sits there patting at food while their hunger and energy needs decay (energy decays at an unusually rapid rate and also builds back up too slowly), resulting in toddler becoming hungrier, then stopping eating completely to cry/tantrum while their energy and hunger needs deplete. Toddler ends up being whisked away.
What do you expect to see? For the toddler to actually eat and not spend 8 sim-hours in a chair or on the floor screaming until they're whisked away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I suspect that the UI on toddlers is just completely broken. 

I can't seem to solve the kids' hunger and energy needs in a balanced manner; they either wind up sleeping all day to the point of starvation, or sitting in the high-chair screaming until they're whisked away. Even if I cancel the action of having a tantrum/crying, the toddler still goes through the animation for it while their needs continue to deplete; meanwhile, I'm just sitting here desperately clicking for them to EAT, with the plate on the floor right infront of them no less while they just...take no notice.

They either pick up the plate and wander around or just sit there patting at the food for hours. This is to say nothing of actually trying to teach them skills! I don't even bother with the toys now because...there's just no time. These kids are just sitting in a high-chair all day...to the point where I'm actually just getting them to nap in the chair constantly. 

And on the subject of napping/sleeping; it doesn't even seem to help. I can put a toddler to bed at 7pm and still have their need in the red by 6am, meanwhile their hunger has just rapidly depleted to the point where they're getting whisked away.

I can't play like this. I can't have my sims live like this. I mean, I get that raising toddlers is a challenging part of the game-play, but good lord I don't think they should be having this much trouble just feeding themselves?? 

Message 149 of 216 (864 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Toddlers stuck with Toys/Books after update

★ Novice

I've had this problem too! 

I'll have food in their inventory which I'll get them to eat, but then the item/meal just disappears only to reappear later in the toddler's hand, while the need stays low and keeps getting lower! Then THAT absolutely messes with any and all future commands; kid can't be given a bath, can't sleep, can't do anything until they're completely debugged! 

Message 150 of 216 (847 Views)