toddler bugs

by tarqoooo69

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Multiple Toddler/Sims issues with eating/sleeping/stuck toys

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yes! I was doing the 100 baby challenge and had no issues whatsoever BUT ever since the most recent update just before Island Living came out I have been experiencing this issue.

I tried turning off my custom content completely (thinking that was causing the issue) but I continue to experience this issue: 

1. my toddler will pick something up but it will not go into their inventory 
  2. they go to grab/eat food and grab a plate
  3. go and sit down for a moment
  4. then get back up & carry it to a nearby surface
  5. grab out the item that's stuck (toy, another plate, any item a toddler would carry) in their right hand
  6. grab out the food they're supposed to be eating in their left
  7. put the food on the surface and stand idly with the stuck toy/item for a while until they decide their next action

If I then choose another task for the toddler to do they will "put the stuck item away" but it will NOT go back into their inventory for me to remove.

The only thing that seems to reset it is when I go to Manage worlds or completely quit the game and reload it -- but I'm not going to do that EVERY time my toddler needs to eat.

When I reset the game by doing this the item then either appears in their inventory when I reload the game OR it appears in the world (usually the item is glitched out on the surface or on the floor)

Message 131 of 216 (1,263 Views)

★★ Novice

Lots of problems with toddlers since the patch. Including the problems already mentioned in the original post, but also toddlers not finishing a plate of food.  They eat a bit, then go put the half-eaten plate away.  In order to get them to complete the meal, either keep after them 2-3 times, or use the high chair.  I can’t stand the high chair cuz of how long the toddler sits, waiting...

Also had a toddler who wouldn’t use the potty after his mom read him a book, cuz the book was stuck.  Sigh.  Guess I won’t play with my 100 baby challenge till they fix this.  Just too much frustration. 

Message 132 of 216 (1,279 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

There is a bug that functions similarly to the toddlers glitch mentioned here, and even though it might need it's own thread I'll mention it here since the cause of the bug/glitch is likely the same.
There's a glitch that happens with adults (Might happen to teens and kids but I haven't tested it) where sometimes they don't put a book down due to cancelled or changed actions and it becomes stuck, it isn't in their inventory and they can't sleep or do many tasks, functions the same as toys getting stuck with toddlers.

Message 133 of 216 (1,275 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

yep experiencing this too, since the new update apparently they fixed the issue. (I tested it twice was working fine) but I played it today, and it has gotten worse, I even tried repair and still not working. It has been over a year and sadly not fixed Frown 

Message 134 of 216 (1,263 Views)

Hero
@awesomesim666 Sounds like the toddler issue. Moved your post over.

Try resetting your toddlers.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 135 of 216 (1,234 Views)

cant feed toddler

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have toddlers in-game, cook a meal for them, or, put a toddler in a high chair
What happens when the bug occurs? they go to eat then reset themselves. Then put food on the nearest counter. parent will immediatly get toddler out instead of giving food.
What do you expect to see? I need to feed my kids.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. latest island living patch

Cant feed toddlers,

my toddlers are glitching after new update and island living release.

Message 136 of 216 (1,242 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@StarryMightEnglish is not my first language so maybe you under stood me wrong. I am glad you provided the link. I Just pointed out to paneckshuelle that we alll should be ablel to play without mods but we (I mean I) never am able to because of alll the bugs. Some of them never got fixed. 

Message 137 of 216 (1,227 Views)

Re: cant feed toddler

Hero
@BansheesHeart I merged your post with the master thread on toddler issue although the reset sounds a bit different.

Could you manually reset your toddlers to see if that makes it better ?

Do you have any lastexception files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 138 of 216 (1,223 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Zilverwolf2 : Yeah, sorry about that...and I do understand how you feel, since I've used fix mods myself. Embarrassed

Hopefully there will be a patch sometime this month (it's July now). Standard smile

Message 139 of 216 (1,208 Views)

toddler bugs

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? last Version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? original one
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? see my problem goes with toddler only ..... there needs for example food and energy but when i click the on the object they start doing it and fustily get canceled by them its really annoying ..... help me please
What happens when the bug occurs? see my problem goes with toddler only ..... there needs for example food and energy but when i click the on the object they start doing it and fustily get canceled by them its really annoying ..... help me please
What do you expect to see? see my problem goes with toddler only ..... there needs for example food and energy but when i click the on the object they start doing it and fustily get canceled by them its really annoying ..... help me please
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

see my problem goes with toddler only ..... there needs for example food and energy but when i click the on the object they start doing it and fustily get canceled by them its really annoying ..... help me please

Message 140 of 216 (1,134 Views)