Re: [OPEN] Multiple Toddler/Sims issues with eating/sleeping/stuck toys

by brenleedee

Original Post

Re: Toddler glitch since Island Living.

★★★ Novice

Having the same issues, toys/ food stuck in hands so they won't do anything else.

BUT I found a quick-fix, better than a lot of moving and menuing:

Go to Build Mode, and move some furniture around, INTO the sim. It will move the sim over, and cause them to drop whatever they are holding, leaving it nearby on the ground. 

Hope this helps, and that EA patches this soon!

Standard smile

Message 101 of 216 (4,098 Views)

★★ Novice

I too have that same problem.  Kid won’t eat despite starving, won’t even stay in bed and sleep.   Same problem with toy - and when I log out and then return, the toy is hovering in the air. It is then that I can have an adult put the toy away.

Toddler climbs on and off the chair or the bed. Refuses to eat in high chair and yet never takes more than one bite of food before climbing out of chair and putting food on table.  Refuses to stay in bed and sleep sometimes. Refuses to learn anything and the toddler is either angelic or inquisitive (i cant remember which).  I have never had any mods or cc so it is not that. And it only does this with the toddlers.

As I mainly play toddlers this is making  gameplay unenjoyable. I hope that there is a patch for this problem soon. 

Message 102 of 216 (4,076 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you go into the origin program, select sims 4 and choose ‘repair game’ that should resolve it, at least for the plate glitch (that was my issue) 

i do not know if that applies to toys etc. 

i would like to iterate that I am not certified by EA to give advice, I’m just sharing what worked for me in the hopes that others can fix their game as well 

(also I have no CC whatsoever so that was not an issue on my game)

good luck everyone 

Message 103 of 216 (4,065 Views)

Hero
LittleMsSam made a rough kinda fix for this.

It's a bandaid until EA can fix the bug

Google: LittleMsSam

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 104 of 216 (4,044 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict It's frustrating that we are getting no acknowledgement from the developers that this bug is happening or that they're working on it. This is a hotfix situation.
Message 105 of 216 (3,905 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Thank you @crinrict  for the tip about LittleMsSam! This seems to be helping. I have a family with two toddlers in it right now, so it was becoming a bit of a hair pulling situation!

Message 106 of 216 (3,851 Views)

★ Novice

Can confirm the plate/toy toddler glitch and quite frankly, it's THE MOST ANNOYING BUG I've ever experienced. I'm about to delete the toybox and just have stuffed animals/dollhouses/the stacking blocks thing until they fix it.

Message 107 of 216 (3,812 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Toddlers stuck with Toys/Books after update

★ Novice

Same issue here. I even removed my Sims 4 folder and allowed it to regenerate. Started a new game with parent and toddler. Toddler immediately got a toy stuck in her hand. It's not a mod issue and it's very frustrating Frown 

Message 108 of 216 (3,781 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

Same issue, ugh so many bugs right now since the last patch.  This is even affecting my adult Sims, my one sim went to bed with a cup of coffee in his hand(humorous at first, but not so humorous when the game is hard to even play)

Message 109 of 216 (3,738 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrictquantic_sakura In order for my toddlers to be able to do anything after playing with toys I keep having to reset them. Otherwise they'll keep cancelling any new actions I give them(eg.eat, sleep, potty, be picked up Etc)
Message 110 of 216 (3,676 Views)