Re: [OPEN] Multiple Toddler/Sims issues with eating/sleeping/stuck toys

by anash85

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

I have the exact same problem! My toddler's toy is stuck in his hand and I have no option to put it in his inventory. I can't even bathe him or make him use the potty because he keeps standing up with a toy glued to his hand. The resetsim cheat worked till I made him play with a toy again... I think it started after the newest update... it really needs to be fixed. Frown

Message 91 of 216 (1,501 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Also tablets tend to get stuck and it does clear when resetting the toddler. But the objects get stuck in the air when you do

Message 92 of 216 (1,482 Views)

★★★ Newbie

To me it also happens when they grab food. They'll grab the bowl or plate but won't finish eating it and then can't sleep because it's stuck in their hands. And because they don't finish eating it, they starve and I'm trying to do the 100 baby challenge, total impossible :/

Message 93 of 216 (1,461 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Toddlers stuck with Toys/Books after update

★★★ Newbie

Food bowls too!! I left and came back to my house and there were 10 bowls just floating, can't find the screenshot unfortunately but it was very weird for sure xD

Message 94 of 216 (1,459 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Toddlers stuck with Toys/Books after update

★★ Novice

I'm experiencing the same issue's with toddlers. They will not stay asleep even with next to no energy left, they pass out on the floor elsewhere. I've seen floating toys/plates stuck in the air also above the sofas. Toddlers also can't be fully cleaned in the bath as the bathing animation stops midway through and the parent removes them still dirty. There is actually a toy stuck in the air outside of my lot in Sulani, I can't remove it even with resetting object and because it's off the lot build mode can't access it. I tried to have a household member pick it up to place in their inventory but they can't...very strange. Thank you in advance EA Sims team for looking into this for us and finding a fix. 

Message 95 of 216 (1,430 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Toddlers stuck with Toys/Books after update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
  1. Be careful with the bookshelves too— It can happen with books. For some reason these items won’t show up in inventory. 
  3. Along with this, I have also noticed once and awhile the Nanny Service woman comes to my house invisible? When she interacts with the children during these times they disappear briefly (ie when she lifts the child out of the eating chair, or when she takes a baby out of a crib, the baby disappears and is placed back down after a few second she by the invisible nanny). 
  5. Please fix, EA! 

Edit: Reduced font size. Wink

Message 96 of 216 (1,410 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@JaJaSVK Careful of bookshelves, too. Books cause the glitch I have found. Seems to be an inventory based issue as it only happens when the items the toddler has, get put in inventory but don’t actually show up in inventory. If you watch, the toddler will usually put the item into ‘themselves’ (as they would if they were putting it into inventory) but then the item is not visible when looking in the inventory panel of said toddler.
Message 97 of 216 (1,410 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@vannapow Yes, that's exactly the feeling I got as well! The objects get stuck and don't go into the inventory but the toddler also can't put them down!
Message 98 of 216 (1,349 Views)

★ Novice

The floating toys I have also all the time -.- I do the 100 baby challenge, so I have right now 3 toddler full of bugs. When you use "resetsim [name]" then you can also "fix" it. Until the next bug comes around. But that way you are quicker than by playing with another household. Hopefully they will fix that soon, it makes no fun that way.

Message 99 of 216 (1,345 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrictquantic_sakura I have the same issue, at first they weren’t holding anything and getting in and out of bed.
Message 100 of 216 (1,306 Views)