Re: [OPEN] Sims won't eat a full meal

by Bunnycuddles

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Multiple Toddler issues with eating/sleeping/stuck toys

★★ Apprentice

My toddler Is unable to sleep because he got a food plate stuck and everytime he starts sleeping he gets up and takes out the plate. It's not in his inventory and he doesn't eat either. Never had mods installed. I downloaded the base game a few weeks ago. This happens since the new patch. I play in spanish and don't have any expansiones or packs installed

Message 81 of 216 (1,972 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrictquantic_sakura My problem is a little different. Instead of the toddlers having issues with toys it’s mostly food and plates.
A toddler will pick up a plate of food, take it to a place to sit, eat a few bites. Then get up to do something else and the plate disappears. Then when one sim leaves the lot and returns there are a bunch of plates floating in the air around the house.
I can then grab the plate and place them on a surface which then can be interacted with again.
A little fix I have learned is to reset the sim while the toddler still is visibly holding the plate but the issue still occurs every time a toddler goes to grab a plate and starts to eat.
To me it looks like it’s a toddler inventory issue. They can’t collect anything in their inventories.
I wish I never updated my game.
Message 82 of 216 (1,970 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Spoiler

@6f30d48b4153e457I gave up on the 100 baby challenge for now with this bug. I haven't even been able to potty train my todd.

I barely have time to play since I have a rl todd. Its It's supposed to be my stress relief from taking care of her all day. I'm at around 35 kids and just barely became an adult. This bug is killing the game and challenge for me.

I'm having the same issues with my mermaid on the island. If I can't even play non toddler families then what's the point.

Good luck.

Message 83 of 216 (1,900 Views)

★ Guide

My temporary fix is debugging the toddler.

1. Ctrl + shift + C
  2. testingcheats on
  3. Shift + right-click on affected toddler
  4. Reset sim (Debug)
  5. Ctrl + shift + C (closes the dialogue box at the top)

You can click in the dialogue box before closing it and type testingcheats off if you want.

I recommend leaving it on, since you will need to use it after almost every toddler action.

Message 84 of 216 (1,905 Views)

Re: Toddlers stuck with Toys/Books after update

★★★ Newbie

The reset sim cheat worked for me.

Message 85 of 216 (1,911 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims won't eat a full meal

★★★ Novice

I am having this problem but with all Sims, regardless of age. Toys, books and plates seem to be the main culprits. Resetting the Sim works but obviously this is frustrating. I have no mods/CC and all the expansions/gamepacks etc. Wasn't happening before installing Island living however I didn't play it after the update so it could have happened then. 

Message 86 of 216 (1,887 Views)

Re: sims won't put down what they're holding

Hero
@AnneSims34 I merged your post with the mega thread for now. Seems there's others reporting it for different age groups

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 87 of 216 (1,877 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Shrbear1234Yes! I have this exact problem. When I first saw it, I was like... *squint* Is that a bug? Or a toy helicopter? Nope, it was a half-eaten plate of food upside-down in midair. It happens with toys too. Not sure what else.

Message 88 of 216 (1,802 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Multiple Toddler/Sims issues with eating/sleeping/stuck toys

★ Guide
@crinrictquantic This problem is horrible. Any workarounds or am I going to have to ignore the households with toddlers
Message 89 of 216 (1,750 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You have to make the toddler take their clothes off. Then they drop the toy. Mines had one in each hand

Message 90 of 216 (1,717 Views)