Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Toodlers unable to drink from sippy cups

by zoraaisling

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Toodlers unable to drink from sippy cups

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I also found sending one of the other members of the household out on an excursion (doesn't matter how long for as long as the other lot loads) fixes the issue.  The toy/book/etc seems to end up in their inventory then.

Message 61 of 216 (2,749 Views)

Re: Toddlers stuck with Toys/Books after update

★★ Novice
@lrewtt Hi, there is a way of saving the toddler from being taken from the socialworkers, if the toddler and another sim travel to an other location such as restaurant, park etc, the bug will disappear until they use the toys again. Looking foward to the new update to fix this bug, my toddler was taken and the rest of the family is crushed with sadness Frown
Message 62 of 216 (2,751 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Multiple Toddler issues with eating/sleeping/stuck toys

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I am also having this issue. I get the toddler to eat. They do not finish their food or I cancel the interaction. I send them to go to bed and they keep getting up.  They have nothing in their inventory but they have not put the plate down as it is not on the lot and it can't be seen on their person. 
I have found that sometimes I can get them to go to sleep and the plate they had will be oddly positioned on top of the bed and I can grab this (I do have bb.moveobjects enabled). Will try to get screenshot and add this if I can. 

@Neveryoumind0_0 Also, trying to shift + right click and reset the sim does not work

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 63 of 216 (2,729 Views)

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a Toddler and a Toy Box 2. Have the Toddler play with any toy 3. Cancel the Play interaction (about 50% of the time even if not cancelled the interaction). 4. Try starting any other action, or help the toddler in any way with an adult/teen.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Toy (or Book, if the toddler can read alone and picks one up) gets stuck in the Toddler. When cancelling the Play action. It does not show up in Inventory and is not grabbable. When the Toddler tries to start a new action, he will immediately stop it and pick up the toy again.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Toddler to put away his toy / book and be able to do other actions, such as playing with the doll house, eating, sleeping, going potty, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 18th 2019 update

Message 64 of 216 (2,703 Views)

Need problems with toddlers on sims 4

★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? The Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens to the toddlers
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddlers stop doing the action as soon as they start. I tried sending my sim to use the potty, work on tablet skill, go to sleep. They get out almost immediately.
What do you expect to see? Toddlers peeing or pooping fully, eating until full, sleeping until restes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The sims 4 (base game)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's a random bug that causes toddlers to stop what they are doing.
What happens when the bug occurs? Their needs drop despite sending them to get food, toilet training, bed time, or bathing. I have tried sending the toddlers to do the required action, they stop soon as they start.
What do you expect to see? Toddler should stay on the toilet, bed, eating, or bed until full.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 65 of 216 (2,630 Views)

Re: Need problems with toddlers on sims 4

★★ Novice

I created a temp work around until fixed. I built a business on a lot and put a basement on it where I have a stove, refrigeration display, bathtub, toilet  and all the stuff my toddler needs to fill needs and learn skills. I just go to the lot after my kids go to school and the bring the tod over. Once kids get home I bring them over. I haven't had any issues with any of the sims on this lot. It seems to only have issues on the home lot.

Note:the one drawback is that random sims come in and out because it is a business.

Message 66 of 216 (2,592 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have had this occur with a toybox toy, a book, and the tablet.

The workaround I have found to be reliable in my own game is to use resetsim cheat and reset the toddler.

That allows bathing, potty use, feeding in high chair - all the omg the kid needs care now interactions that the bug prevents.

Only observed downside is that the toy, book or tablet defaults to a nearby surface, and not always an obvious one (the tablet ended up under the television).

Message 67 of 216 (2,607 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Toddlers stuck with Toys/Books after update

★ Guide

This post by @arterialrainbow (below) has some helpful strategies for feeding and skilling up toddlers while this bug is bugging us!

Because of their suggestions, I've implemented the following workarounds while this toddler bug is "bugging" me:

* For imagination, sold my toybox and replaced with a dollhouse. Toddlers can build imagination with either, and the dollhouse doesn't break them.

* For thinking, I'm having an older teach them shapes using the blocks until they get to Level 2, and then they can do shapes on their own.

* For movement, they can stack the blocks on their own; or dance/bob to music with a stereo.

* For communication, I already had a big stuffed animal and it's a great tip below!

* For food, I got a Sim working on gardening and harvesting produce (it's really easy to grow apples, carrots and mushrooms) to feed the toddler, because produce doesn't break them like food dishes and drinks. It is a little tedious putting them in the toddler's inventory.

* Moved all Wabbit tablets into inventory so no toddlers can use them and get stuck.

Fingers crossed someone from EA has their eyes on this already and it will be fixed soon.

@arterialrainbow wrote:

It's happening to me with any object that can go into a toddler's inventory with the exception of produce. This includes plates of food and drinks (I think this and the bug where toddlers can't eat are probably related). Sometimes resetting the toddler has worked, sometimes it hasn't. If I can catch them before whatever object they were holding disappears resetting the object seems to work more often for me. When both fail, going to the menu and coming back solves it (although whatever object they had will probably be floating somewhere weird).

Things that cause toddlers to break

toys from the toy box

the tablet

books

plates of food

drinks

Alternatives for skill building

For imagination you can still have toddlers use the dollhouse, or have an older sim read them a book.

For communication they can just talk to the big stuffed animals

For thinking and movement the blocks on the floor are still okay to use

Alternative for eating

My toddlers have not had this bug when having them eat produce directly from their inventory, although resetting them if they touch any toys might cause produce to appear everywhere on the ground.

Message 68 of 216 (2,609 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrictquantic_sakura Same issue here, Won’t eat, sleep, return anything. Can’t even potty train or bathe!
Message 69 of 216 (2,575 Views)

sims won't put down what they're holding

★★ Apprentice

My sims keep picking things up and then they won't put what they're holding down when I give them other tasks. I have to use resetsim to fix them. Also sometimes the things they were holding appear on the floor next to them after resetting the sim, but other times they turn invisible and disappear completely. 

Message 70 of 216 (2,394 Views)