Re: [OPEN] Multiple Toddler issues with eating/sleeping/stuck toys

by manzana0807

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Same! it happened after the update but I wasn't sure if it was the update so I deleted my custom content but apparently that wasn't the case... oof

Message 51 of 216 (2,793 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, but my toddler won't fricken sit on the training potty seat thing.  I try to potty train them, but they'll get up and walk away while the parent sits and waits for the toddler to finish... :/

Message 52 of 216 (2,786 Views)

my toddler won't potty train

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday and Cats & Dogs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a toddler 2. Have them pick up a toy 3. Click on the potty training chair and select potty help (I'm not sure it will work heh)
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to potty train, my toddler, she will sit down but then get up and walk away. Then my sim potty training the toddler will sit there and wait for the toddler to finish.
What do you expect to see? Toddlers should sit and wait until they are finished potty training.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had CC on my sim before, but then I took it off and tried again but it still did the same thing. My toddler sat down then got right back up and walked away, toy in hand. My adult sim waited for my "toddler" to finish but, the toddler wasn't there.

Message 53 of 216 (2,706 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm also having this issue, mods have since been disabled. A work-around is to go to Build Mode and move an object where the glitch is happening, which will reset the sim and force the toy/plate/book/etc. to drop on the floor near them. You can then re-start the action. Another I came across is replacing the main object that the action is glitching on. For example the toy box so you can have the toddlers put away the toy first, removing from their not visible inventory. Or the tub, because my adults sims sometimes only dip their putrid toddlers shortly before immediately pulling them back out of the tub, dirty.

It's a huge pain and a constant battle with this glitch. I hope it is rooted out and fixed soon. My orphanage is in chaos!

Edit: See screenshot attached of a toddler who wouldn't stick to her action. Desperately tired and will complete the action of going to bed, complete with Zzzzs, but then doesn't continue to sleep despite her mood being in the yellow due to energy. I went to build mode, moved her bed out to the yard, and she reset, apparently carrying handfuls of spinach and mushrooms from the garden that I wasn't aware she had.

Message 54 of 216 (2,775 Views)

So far I've only had this issue twice and removing the Resource.cfg file from my game fixed it the first time for a good long while. It seems to be stemming from that, but I'm not a programmer, so what do I know?

Message 55 of 216 (2,752 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue, toddler plays with tablet, then grabs food and is holding both of them and can't do anything until I right click and debug them and make them drop everything. Very annoying in the 100 baby challenge.

Message 56 of 216 (2,737 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here. It's super frustrating! I don't know if it's by design and I just never noticed it before because I was always able to solve them, but my toddlers needs drop very quickly too. 

Message 57 of 216 (2,667 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've been staring at my game trying to figure out what's wrong with my toddlers. One was near death when I deleted my cache file and reloaded the game. I came back in and the actual toy that wasn't showing in his inventory magically appeared and he went to sleep. Then the dog woke him (literally 2 minutes later) and his entertainment was low so I had him get a book. The book disappeared then reappeared in his hand. It doesn't show up in his inventory and he can't put it away. The item just keeps blocking him from eating and sleeping. Oh, I worked around the eating by forcing him to eat in the highchair but once he has an object, the only way he can sleep is if he naps on a couch.

No CC

Message 58 of 216 (2,791 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I just gave up as well. I figure at least until EA provides a fix. All of my households have toddlers except 1.

Message 59 of 216 (2,767 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Pro

This has definitely made playing with toddlers extremely difficult, if not impossible. I'm hoping Maxis will issue another patch soon to fix this at least. I'm not even going to try and play my households with toddlers again until it's fixed.

Message 60 of 216 (2,755 Views)