Re: [OPEN] Multiple Toddler issues with eating/sleeping/stuck toys

by Canuckfan86

Original Post

Toddler glitch since Island Living.

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? not sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? have all packs and the new island living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure just found it when i wanted kids
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddlers dont eat right or sleep correctly. they wake up constantly and they dont fully eat their plate of food and keep putting it back down. I try to reset. doesnt work.
What do you expect to see? if they are about to die or be taken away bc their energy and hunger is super low they should stay asleep or fully eat the food on their plate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Since island living game my poor toddlers are glitched to not fully eat food or stay asleep. I dont wanna lose them or kill them =( i keep resetting and it keeps happening

Message 41 of 216 (5,748 Views)

★ Apprentice

My toddler just had that same issue with the toy in it's hand. Also my toddler's aren't able to sleep. I've replaced the beds multiple times. Put the radio on lullaby station. The nightmare light... everything I don't know what to do. I only have a little bit of cc in my game.

Message 42 of 216 (5,736 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same issue with toys getting stuck in toddlers hand so that they can't do anything else. Fixed by entering and exiting CAS. No Mods or CC in game.

Message 43 of 216 (5,720 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue and it's really getting on my nerves! Why is EA not fixing this!!!!!

Message 44 of 216 (5,699 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Toddlers stuck with Toys/Books after update

★★★ Newbie

I am doing the 100 baby challenge too, I decided to not use toys because it doesn't happen with tablet and to unstuck the toddler I use resetSim [name] when I do this the toy appears on the ground and I can sell it or give it to children (they don't bug like this) 

Message 45 of 216 (5,697 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've found that the only way to "fix" the issue is to save, go to manage worlds, open up another household, play as them for a little bit, then go back.

The time that passes will allow for the item to be in the toddler inventory or in one case that I didn't get a picture of, it will start floating in the air.

Message 46 of 216 (5,689 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My game is now unplayable with a toddler. Won't sleep, won't eat, can't play. I keep finding the tablet, or a toy or bowls of food stuck in the air or on the toddler's hands. I uninstalled all mods and cc and it's still happening.

Does anyone know if this is on a priority list for fixing? I literally cannot play a hand with a toddler in. I have to cheat to get their needs up, and I can't teach them skills. I'm playing an orphanage game so there will be plenty of toddlers coming!

Message 47 of 216 (5,670 Views)

Re: Toddler Issues

★★★★ Novice
@Azira_LadySilver I'm having exactly the same issue, I just can't get around it! I now can't play a family with a toddler. Serious issue EA, sort it out!
Message 48 of 216 (5,635 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have already done this, as I am playing the 100 baby challenge, and I thought if I would move out one of my daughters and get her married and play around in her life for a little bit, and go back to the original game play maybe it would "fix" itself, it doesn't.

Message 49 of 216 (5,627 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am having issues with mostly the tablets, which is funny, because I didn't even know they could use tablets at that age until I saw a lets play on Youtube. But I still have issues with the toddlers when they are trying to do other things as well, like playing with the dollhouse, or going to the junglegym. 

Message 50 of 216 (5,604 Views)