Toddler Issues

by Azira_LadySilver

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers stuck with Toys/Books after update

★★★ Novice

Same issue.  Toddlers walk around with a toy in one hand and a plate in the other.  Doesn't show up in the toddler's inventory so can't remove.  When they try to go to sleep, they lay down then get right back up (I have seen this before the patch, very rarely).  When they try to potty they sit down and stand up.  When the parent tries to bathe them, the parent basically dunks them in the tub then back out.  Sometimes it works if I go into build mode and move the bed away and back.  Not always though.  It's easiest for me to save and go to manage worlds and back.

I have everything except Island Living and have the current patch.

This was the perfect time to try the 100 baby challenge with a fresh install using no mods or cc's.

Message 31 of 216 (13,568 Views)

My Sims 4 toddler won't eat, sleep or bathe

★★ Novice

I got the new Sims update, now my toddler (Junior Beheeda) won't eat, sleep, play or allow himself to be bathed. The adults don't have any issues. The toddler won't do anything. You prompt and it's ignored. I moved the family to another location and the toddler Junior is still not working.

Message 32 of 216 (13,501 Views)

★★ Novice
@quantic_sakura Same issue here. Only my kids are doing it with plates as well as the toys/books.
Message 33 of 216 (13,543 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have to keep resetting my toddlers. I even had one with a toy stuck in each hand.

Message 34 of 216 (13,533 Views)

Re: My Sims 4 toddler won't eat, sleep or bathe

★★★ Newbie

I'm glad it's not just me! Stupid update! Grrr Hopefully it gets fixed soon!

Message 35 of 216 (13,468 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrictquantic_sakura I have the same issue. It is very annoying when all the needs decrease and i can’t control the toddlers. The toddlers just keep holding the toy on their hands.
Message 36 of 216 (13,508 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrictquantic_sakura I just opened and closed the game. Eventually the toys were floating in the air and i quickly grab it to an adult’s inventory.
Message 37 of 216 (13,502 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Toddlers stuck with Toys/Books after update

★ Novice

Same happened to me. I tried to move the chair, but he was stuck mid air. I have also experienced that toddlers have had plates of food stuck in their hand. 

Message 38 of 216 (13,432 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am having the same issues but I have it with all ages of sims. It’s just a little easier to fix if your persistent with the other ages. Toddlers are very limited in what they can do so if something like a plate gets stuck then you toddler will basically end up getting taken away if you don’t age them up

@ritalynch0105 They will patch it soon I’m sure considering how serious a glitch/bug it is. Hang in there, this game is fabulous and well worth it and normally works wonderfully

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 39 of 216 (13,597 Views)

Toddler Issues

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of the except: Island living, Romantic Garden, and Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select a toddler (only a toddler), and give it multiple things to do (it might just take 1 or 2); like for example have your toddler go grab a serving, then go plat at the dollhouse, then go potty.
What happens when the bug occurs? The toddler keeps putting their food down and doing other things instead of eating, and I have almost lost 2 kids because they do not want to eat, they want to do the other things that I have 'qued' up for them, so I have to wait until they are done eating to have them do anything else.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to finish eating before going on to the next item that i had set them out to do. Also, this only happens with the toddlers, never with the children or adults.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has been happening for a while now, but lately it's gotten outta hand, where I have to "fight" the toddlers to eat and stop putting it back on the table. I have seen other game plays and it seems nobody else is having this issue, and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have repaired my game multiple times, and even uninstalled/re-installed it to make it stop, but it has not. So in the video I have provided, you will follow one of my toddlers around while I try to get her to eat, but she needs to increase her 'thinking skills' as well, so I want her to do some stacking after she eats, but as you can see in the video, she doesn't finish eating first, she keeps putting the food back on the table to do the second item in the que. I did this multiple times to show you that is just doesn't happen in the first case and it's not just with "that particular sim," it happens with all my toddlers. (I am doing the 100 baby challenge) I have a video, but it won't let me load it.

Message 40 of 216 (13,546 Views)