Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Multiple Toddler/Sims issues with eating/sleeping/stuck toys

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP All excluding Island Living GP: Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Strangerville SP: Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a Toddler and a Toy Box 2. Have the Toddler play with any toy 3. Cancel the Play interaction 4. Try starting any other action (playing with dollhouse, eating, potty, etc.)
What happens when the bug occurs? The Toy (or Book, if the toddler can read alone and picks one up) gets stuck in the Toddler. When cancelling the Play action, the Toddler will go up to the Toy Box (or bookshelf) but not return the object- It does not show up in Inventory and is not grabbable. When the Toddler tries to start a new action, he will immediately stop it and pick up the toy again.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Toddler to put away his toy / book and be able to do other actions, such as playing with the doll house, eating, sleeping, going potty, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 18th 2019 update

If this bug is generalized, it's pretty serious because my toddler is now stuck and unable to complete any actions!

I cleared all mods and cache, then deleted the Sims 4 documents folder to reset the game and reproed it on a brand new game, the issue still happens.
Link to video on Google Drive because I couldn't upload it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x7MdfWhEccGPDd33w_7coBidjPA9lBo3

Message 1 of 216 (15,165 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO ADD] Toddlers stuck with Toys/Books after update

Hero

• Fixed an issue where objects were getting stuck on toddler’s hands.

Fixed in Patch 1.53.115

I'm going to lock this as it has a large me too count and there were several issues with toddlers.

If you are still experienceing ANY issues, please create a new thread.

There's probably still issues with the sippy cups, you can post here for that: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Toodlers-unable-to-drink-from-sippy-cups/td-p/79...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 216 of 216 (9,185 Views)

All Replies

Re: Toddlers stuck with Toys/Books after update

★★★★★ Newbie
@quantic_sakura I have the same issue, my kid is going to be taken away because he keeps holding his toy so can't eat/sleep. Just since the update today.
Message 2 of 216 (15,026 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Toddlers stuck with Toys/Books after update

Hero
@quantic_sakura Can duplicate this as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 216 (14,982 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrictquantic_sakura Same thing happening for me. It's making the 100 Baby Challenge impossible.
Message 4 of 216 (14,873 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Toodlers unable to drink from sippy cups

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrictCilja I'm also getting toys and bowls of food stuck in their hands. They then can't eat, and are woken up about two minutes into sleeping...
Message 5 of 216 (14,842 Views)

Hero
@zoraaisling Moved that over to the thread on that issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 216 (14,840 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same issue here - they cannot put down any of the toys and will not do any other function (sleep, eat, potty). Mine can put down the tablet though.

Issue started after the update this week. Tried to repair, but still having the issue. 

Doing the 100 baby challenge and cannot continue my game until fixed.

I have the basic game and Seasons installed.

Message 7 of 216 (14,820 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had this issue too. Temp fixed it by going in and out of CAS

Message 8 of 216 (14,764 Views)

★ Novice

I’m having the same problem also.  Toys and food ...although with the toy I did manage to finally get it back in the toy box.  The plates I can’t get rid of because toddlers apparently don’t throw trash away.  You can go out without saving and start again but it just keeps happening.  Seriously I have had this game for 4 whole days and have had numerous glitches ... some weird white screen on origin updates that have to be restarted multiple times (wish I had just left that one alone!) and I’m beginning to wonder if it’s worth it 😡

Message 9 of 216 (14,738 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same issue. Also, whenever I try to put them in the high chair to feed them, my sims puts them in their chair and takes them out right away. I've had to use the debug cheat need because of the risk of taking them away since I can't feed them.

Message 10 of 216 (14,720 Views)