Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Multiple Platform Glitches on Underground Levels

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? GP07.1.121
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions except Eco All Game Packs except Parenthood All Stuff except Kids, Toddler, First Pet, Moschino, Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a room and add a platform on any basement level. Raise it a height of 2 or 3 although it happens with others. View or try to traverse the stairs.
What happens when the bug occurs? A hole is created in front of the stairs showing the room below or blank space, and sims can not walk up the stairs either.
What do you expect to see? No hole in front of stair and Sims able to walk up them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Platform addition patch

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

plat_glitch.jpg

Message 1 of 18 (4,362 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Platforms in basement not working

Hero

We also fixed an issue in which if you placed platforms in basement levels and a
staircase from the floor to the platforms, it would create this gap or hole in front of the
stairs and Sims were not able to route correctly. You know, I have played many
platformers in my lifetime, but do you imagine Sims trying to jump those gaps? I mean, I
am called JumpFail for a reason… glad we fixed this one!

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (2,175 Views)

All Replies

basement platform stairs create a hole in the floor

★ Guide

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? discover university, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work; realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, vampires, dine out; tiny living; moschino, laundry day, toddler, vintage glamour, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? create a basement level with a higher level platform in one section. place stairs from the basement floor to the platform.
What happens when the bug occurs? a hole in the floor appears at the bottom of the stairs
What do you expect to see? flooring at the bottom of the stairs instead of a hole
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Nov 10 patch - which added platforms

I've attached images showing the problem; as far as I can tell it's just a visual glitch. The image with the plain basement was on a clean new save with mods disabled.

Message 2 of 18 (4,345 Views)

Re: Multiple Platform Glitches on Underground Levels

★ Guide

Confirmed here.  It depends on the number of steps.  Multiples of 4 are fine, anything else takes away a whole floor tile when the bottom of the steps touches it, even though it's not completely covered.   Try raising and lowering the platform after placing the steps if you're not sure what I mean.

Message 3 of 18 (4,263 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Multiple Platform Glitches on Underground Levels

★ Novice

Also had this issue! (you can see that black void bit under the stairs)

Message 4 of 18 (4,067 Views)

floor n ceiling disappear un stairs when combined with platforms

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have EVERYTHING.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? create a basement level with no ground level, make part of the room a platform. Connect basement platform to basement with stairs. You know have a hole in the floor!
What happens when the bug occurs? There's a hole at the bottom of the stairs, there's a hole at the bottom of the stairs. There's a hole, there's a hole, there's a hole at the bottom of the stairs!
What do you expect to see? No hole.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. the most recent patch that came out the week of January 20th 2020

I'd like to have no holes

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 5 of 18 (3,770 Views)

Platforms in basement not working

★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Outdoor Retreat, Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Journey to Batuu, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? put a platform in the basement that needs stairs or a ladder to get up to it. Place the ladder or stairs up to it. I've also only tried it with the second wall height.
What happens when the bug occurs? In the basement, underneath the ladder or stairs that are going up to the platform the floor tiles are black. Also sims can go up the stairs or ladder but not down.
What do you expect to see? The floor tiles not being black and being whatever floor tiles I have in the room are, and also my sims coming down the stairs/ladder
Please describe the patch or change you made. Well after platforms were added.

It only happens in basements I've tried it multiple times on different floors its only the basements. I thought it was my mods at first so I took them out and tried it without, it wasn't those so I knew there was a problem. I wouldn't even mind if it was just a graphical glitch but the fact that my sims also can't go down the stairs is the worst part.

Message 6 of 18 (3,648 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Multiple Platform Glitches on Underground Levels

★★★★★ Novice

I’m also having this issue, and I’m unable to place anything on the floor because of it. Why hasn’t anybody answered since November? 😩

Message 7 of 18 (3,481 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Multiple Platform Glitches on Underground Levels

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue and I’m playing on a MAC. 
Although this only happens in the basement, My platforms on the second floor will sometimes cause me to see through the floor at certain camera angles.

Message 8 of 18 (3,454 Views)

Dark area under stairs

★★★ Newbie

So I don’t know if anybody else experiences this but everytime I place stairs attached to a platform there’s this void like thing on the floor at the foot of the stairs 

Message 9 of 18 (3,225 Views)

Re: Dark area under stairs

Hero
@tortart Could you post a picture ? Does it look something like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Multiple-Platform-Glitches-on-Underground-Levels/td-p/972... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 18 (3,189 Views)