[FIXED] Multiple Music play at the same time

by findingbellagoth

Original Post

Re: Continuous/multiple music plays

★★★★★ Guide
I know exactly what you mean! I’ve never been one to play without sound so I can’t just ignore it and I can’t have the volume on mute so I end up shutting down and restarting.
Message 21 of 34 (1,848 Views)

Hero

Hi  @candiecoatediv

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 34 (1,829 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Oh thank you! Is there a link to the initial thread? I was having troubles finding one.
Message 23 of 34 (1,822 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@candiecoatediv

it's this one. I merged your post so your post has become part of the initial one.

Just click on page 1 and you can click me too there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 34 (1,813 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Okay! I must have to view from the desktop. When I go to pate on via my phone browser it just keeps taking me to my specific question. Or I should clear my cache. Thank you!
Message 25 of 34 (1,803 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Multiple Music play at the same time

★★ Apprentice
Another suggestion, it worked for me, was to delete the config file in your sims 4 folder. The config file has to do with your game sound and will respawns when you open your game.
Message 26 of 34 (1,699 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Multiple Music play at the same time

★★★ Guide

Then you will have to re-apply all your other settings, go thur the tutorials again, etc, all this work which is eventually only gonna happen again. 

Message 27 of 34 (1,666 Views)

[build mode] overlapping music

★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? instantly move from map into build mode over and over until it happens
What happens when the bug occurs? only in build mode, instantly, two songs play and over lap each other. Super distracting. This hasn't happen to me in yearsssssss like there was a load music bug that you fixed back in 2014-2015 where the loading screen song would play in build mode on top of build mode song and it's kind of what is happening here just it's not always to load song overlapping.
What do you expect to see? I expect just the one song to play
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is truly the bug of sims past. Very similar to the reports about two songs here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Load-music-stuck-in-loop/m-p/3459687#M47293 I did get that music bug at the time and you did fix it, was years ago.

Sometimes the two songs last once I exit build mode but it starts in build mode.

In a nutshell I get two songs overlapping when I enter build mode, it doesn't happen all the time, not even 50% but it does happen at least once a game (I'm overhauling my entire worlds ATM.) I have turned mods off and it still happens, I have tried playing around with my sounds options and it still happens. 

This did not happen prior to Get Famous. I have had a long break from the game so I have just updated to Get Famous plus all the patches after it so I couldn't tell you if it's the latest patch which is triggering this.

The only fix is time, after 5-10mins one song drops off and it returns to normal until build mode triggers it again.

Sorry wish I could give you more info.

Message 28 of 34 (1,620 Views)

Re: [build mode] overlapping music

Hero

There's still an open thread for this. It seems to happen on and off with all kinds of different music.

I merged your thread

@Here4Snacks 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 34 (1,611 Views)

Re: [build mode] overlapping music

★★★★★ Apprentice
I honestly can't tell you if my game still does this, because it did it SO MUCH that I have all loading music disabled.
Message 30 of 34 (1,590 Views)