Re: Background Music Keeps Playing

by angelette1

Original Post

Re: Music stuck in loop still?

Champion (Retired)

I noticed this specifically after the gallery update. After the update I started a new save. My Sim was placed on an empty lot in Willow Creek (near the Pancake household). I  went to the gallery from live mode to place a house I built earlier the same day. Build mode music continued playing. I saved the game and went to the main menu. The music was not playing when I went back into the game.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 11 of 34 (2,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @EuphorialQueen,

We are aware of this new issue and we are currently investigating. We have a possible workaround:

You can fix it by reopening the gallery and closing it again

Thank you very much and sorry for the inconvenience! 

Message 12 of 34 (2,076 Views)

Hero

• Build Mode and Gallery music will no longer collide for dominance. We accidentally introduced a bug that was more or less the worst version of Battle of the Bands.

Fixed in Patch 1.46.18

Going to leave this thread open cause this was probably just one instance.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 34 (2,028 Views)

★ Guide

Sorry, i have the same issue a long time ago. What i did was in gameoptions i set in the sound option, the music bar on 0%. I have than no music, it's a pity, so quite,  but two music sounds or more on the background is very annoying to play.  Sorry for bad English.

Message 14 of 34 (2,006 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

The double music glitch/bug is still present in my game. I just looked at the new CAS objects, and when closing the CAS and going into world view, both the CAS and world music are playing. Only way to get rid of it is restarting the game.

Message 15 of 34 (1,992 Views)

Hero

But it's not the gallery/Build mode double that was fixed ? There's probably multiple issues here. The one that was introduce with the second to last patch that's supposed to be fixed and the one that was always in the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 34 (1,985 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've had the same issue. I'm just returning to the game after a long absence from playing it .This happened to me when I used to play right after sims 4 came out and now that I've started playing again it's still happening! 2 or 3 tracks of music playing at the same time and continuing into live mode. I would have thought EA would have fixed this by now! I mean the game has been out a few years now!

Message 17 of 34 (1,966 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Multiple Music play at the same time

★★★ Novice
I have the same issue and it's annoying AF! I had to restart my game 3 times once..
Message 18 of 34 (1,892 Views)

Continuous/multiple music plays

★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and all stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Whenever I’m loading my game either from the loading screen, main menu or sometimes switching from one world to another world to play a different family, I have two or three songs playing at one time.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game plays fine it’s just annoying.
What do you expect to see? That only one song is playing but not in love mode which happens as well.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I’ve noticed but it’s become more constant that I have to restart my game sometimes three or four times bc the audio will mess up on the loading screen. This will happen either the initial loading screen to the main menu or sometimes fronk the main menu to the worlds screen or even when exiting CAS. I will have sometimes 2,3 or 4 songs playing at once it’s hard to tell sometimes how many. I’ll completley close out my game and out of origin, then go back in and sometimes it will continue to happen and sometimes it fixes itself. 

Message 19 of 34 (1,877 Views)

Re: Continuous/multiple music plays

Champion

@candiecoatediv, the same thing happens to me!  At least 2 songs will play, and sometimes more than 2!  This always gives me a headache Disappointed, and one time made me nauseous! Sick  It is bad enough in Build/Buy Mode, but just like you said, it also happens in Live Mode as well!  For me it will often start when leaving Build/Buy Mode and returning to Live Mode but with just one song playing in Live Mode … but if I go into Build/Buy Mode again, it will pick up other songs! Oops  I can sometimes play with the sound off for a short while, but I end up having to close out the game … one time I even had to shut down my computer and restart it! Shocked

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 20 of 34 (1,862 Views)