Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Multiple Music play at the same time

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Base Cats and Dogs City Living Get together Get to work Jungle Adventure Parenthood Vampires Dine Out Spa day Outdoor Retreat Movie Hangout Stuff Perfect Patio Stuff Holiday Celebration Pack Life of the Party digital content
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am honestly not sure, I posted about this issue back in 2014 and a patch seemed to help (I am not sure which one) and ever since I installed Parenthood it is back and it is annoying.
What happens when the bug occurs? Multiple songs play at once - its like the loading music is stuck and if I go into build/buy the music plays over the looping load music, if I go into Live mode I hear all the life noises over the music. It is especially bad when I go in and out of the gallery, I have had 3 or 4 songs on top of each other.
What do you expect to see? I do not want to have to keep restarting my game. It was so bad before that I truly stopped playing for almost a year and when I came back there had been an update and it seemed fine. Then I installed parenthood, jungle adventures, patio stuff and movie stuff and it is happening again and I really don't want to have to stop playing again Frown
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I posted about this initially in the original music loop thread (2014!) which has been marked as fixed, however I am having this issue again.

Message 1 of 34 (11,208 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [build mode] overlapping music

Hero

• Fixed an issue where multiple music tracks could end up looping and playing simultaneously.

I hope this issue is fixed for good now in Patch 1.51.75

I will be locking this thread as it's a bit on the older side and with this, supposed to be fixed.

If you still experience this, please create a new thread. This is to adequately show how many people are still affected after this fix.

Thanks. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 34 of 34 (10,171 Views)

All Replies

Re: Music stuck in loop still?

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 34 (11,161 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here you go, I just wonder how helpful this will be since it happened on the three computers I've had since 2014. Hope it does help though.

Message 3 of 34 (11,135 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@findingbellagoth It's an issue that is supposed to be mostly fixed. I've seen it in the past but usually only when I booted up the game right after starting up my computer.

It does seem to happen more often to lower specs computer so specs are always helpful.

Reports have gotten a lot less since they fixed it but it does seem not fully fixed as there were some reports.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 34 (11,111 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Multiple Music play at the same time

Hero
Added this back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 34 (11,068 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thank you! Hopefully they can give this a second look <3
Message 6 of 34 (11,044 Views)

★★★ Guide

This happens to me occasionally as well. It is very haunting when the build/buy mode, loading screen, CAS music all play together. The only way to fix it is to reboot the game.

Message 7 of 34 (10,908 Views)

Background Music Keeps Playing

★ Guide

I don't know if this annoying bug has happened to anyone else but just a while ago, I was selecting a household to play in and the background music kept on playing as if I was still in the select a household map! Although the game is still playable, it's quite annoying but I have been able to fix the issue by restarting the game but I hate it when this bug pops up!

Message 8 of 34 (10,889 Views)

Re: Background Music Keeps Playing

Hero

Hi @LuisLTPG

merged your post with current bug report on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 34 (10,836 Views)

Re: Background Music Keeps Playing

★ Pro

I have the same issue. As I've already posted in the Sim forum, the backround music bug seams to be back again since Seasons. It's getting very bad when you edit several Sim families in CAS. You can hear more than one theme playing. After going into live mode the theme music just wont stop playing. Only a restart of the game helps.

Message 10 of 34 (10,399 Views)