Re: [GTW] Moving House keep furniture option items go missing

by Shangas

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Moving House keep furniture option items go missing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have moved my family using the Household Management option and select keep furniture.  If the bookshelf or toy box or fridge has things in it they get lost in the move - fridges, bookshelves and toy boxes are empty when taken out of the household inventory and there are no books, toys, meals, fish or vegetables left in the household inventory.

I can get around the issue by placing all the things out of the fridge, bookshelf or toy box into my Sims personal inventories before I move them but I shouldn't have to do this.

No CC and only mod I have installed is the Getpopulation script mod.

Message 1 of 9 (3,967 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I just tested this issue and it has been fixed. Either by Get Together or a patch. I can't say when it was fixed as I hadn't moved my sims in a long time.

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (4,512 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Remove the mod and try again. Probably not connected but I need it tested on vanilla game. Also make sure to delete your cache files.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (3,954 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Removed mod and cache files. Tested it with a new family, game and still got the same problem. Tested both placing the storage furniture into the household inventory before moving and leaving it in the rooms- makes no difference all contents are lost in move.

Message 3 of 9 (3,950 Views)

Hero

Could you also try repairing the game through Origin.

I'll add to patch issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (3,941 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Repairing the game doesn't help and the downloading newest patch didn't fix it either.

Message 5 of 9 (3,935 Views)

Hero

Hi @VeritySim

do you still see this issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (3,830 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I just tested this issue and it has been fixed. Either by Get Together or a patch. I can't say when it was fixed as I hadn't moved my sims in a long time.

Message 7 of 9 (4,513 Views)

Hero

Thank you. Appreciate the feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (3,807 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, this is currently happening to my games. I have Base Game/ City Living and Get Together without Mods or CC. I've repaired my game and created a new game just to test this issue, on CL world only. Everytime my Sim moves apartment, all the books inside the bookshelves are lost.

I've also experienced that when I first move to a apartment that already was furnished with a bookshelf, this one was empty from all expected books.

Same happens with fridge content, but did not explored this much.

Attached some screenshots, if it helps. Let me know in case I need to open a new post for this.

Message 9 of 9 (3,615 Views)