Original Post

Re: constant notifications regarding infant quirks

★ Guide

@guitarmouse You are most welcome! Standard smile

Message 61 of 76 (2,375 Views)

Re: constant notifications regarding infant quirks

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm also getting this with a teen that used to have the cautious trait as a child. I have MCCC and I've attempted to remove a few buffs I've seen the sim have but the game immediately re-adds those buffs back in. If the sim still has the cautious trait, it's impossible to even see it on the sim. MCCC and the Shift+Click menu hide traits that aren't for that life stage which is likely a byproduct of the game. I've attempted to just use the console to remove the trait from "traits.remove_trait cautious".

Message 62 of 76 (2,342 Views)

Sims Autonomously Using "Watch Infant" on Grown Sims

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.97.42.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Werewolves, Vintage Glamour, Vampires, Strangerville, Spooky Stuff, Seasons, Realm of Magic, Paranormal Stuff, Nifty Knitting, My First Pet Stuff, Little Campers Kit, Island Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Dine Out, Cottage Living, Cats and Dogs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a family with sims that have been born and aged up.
What happens when the bug occurs? Family sims will use the "watch infant" interaction autonomously and get the "Awww, so cute!" moodlet on non-infant sims, even up to young adult age (haven't gone past young adult yet).
What do you expect to see? A fix, it's really weird.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the Infants update

Yeah, my sims will use "Watch Infant" autonomously and get the "Awww, so cute!" moodlet, except they're not using it on infants. It's weird, gross, and honestly kind of funny that my sims will randomly barge into the bathroom to stare at their teenage son/brother while he uses the toilet, then giggle about how "cute" he is. The screenshot I attached is of my family's teenage daughter right after she watched an "infant" that was actually her mother! 

I do have a few mods, none of which should've had anything to do with this, but it was also happening before I installed any CC. It was funny at first, but it happens so often now that it's getting annoying.

Message 63 of 76 (2,320 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Moodlets/Quirk Notifications for infants after Infant has aged up

★★ Novice

Hi!

I had the exact same problem, and the only thing that worked for me was to save my household to the library, then delete the savefile and start a new one where I picked the household I used to play into CAS mode. You won't have the friendships left, but you will keep the traits and goals they have achieved from the gameplay like top-notch infant traits, etc. You'll also keep the progress on your lifetime wish I noticed so that's the only thing that worked for me since my teen kept having the "unfamiliar environment" moodlet on it each time she went to school.

Hope this works for you or at least helped a little.Standard smile

Message 64 of 76 (2,248 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my sim is a elder but they still get the moodlet 😭

Message 65 of 76 (2,204 Views)

Infant Quirk Glitch

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.97.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Through normal age up
What happens when the bug occurs? Infants that age up into toddlers/children/teens/adults stick with their infant quirks.
What do you expect to see? This to not happen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have this frequent issue of toddlers/children/teens and even adults keeping their infant quirks after they've aged up. I've removed all mods and repaired the game, but nothing I do seems to fix the issue. 

Message 66 of 76 (2,208 Views)

Re: Infant Quirk Glitch

Champion

So while I actually kind of love this continuity, I don't think it's intended - this child had the hates to wake up quirk as both an infant and toddler. Now they're getting "from lazy trait" moodlets without the lazy trait.

05-06-23_9_48_59 PM.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 67 of 76 (2,108 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having a similar problem, where my toddler is getting sad moodlets of being sick of milk.

Message 68 of 76 (2,059 Views)

Re: Infant Quirk Glitch

Champion

Back to add: the fact that the parents keep auto-queuing "watch" on their kids well after the infant stage is over seems to be pretty consistent between households as well, and happens frequently.

Here's Bradley, a teenager, eating cake and watching tv. Autonomously, his dad came over to watch him:

watch.jpg

When Dad walked away, he now had the "watching infant" moodlet:

infant.jpg

There's no infants in the house - just two teenagers and a toddler (and two parents). The toddler was asleep in another room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 69 of 76 (1,967 Views)

Toddler&Child sim infant sitting pose

★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.97.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens at random.
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddlers and infants sit in the W pose.
What do you expect to see? At random moments, they sit in the W sitting pose as the infants do.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This began happening with a child sim outside my household then yesterday I aged up my toddler sim. Now he is doing the exact same thing. I removed my mods and it continues to happen. I'm so confused LOL.

Message 70 of 76 (2,016 Views)