Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Missing floor shadow under stilt foundations

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a walless deck with a stilted foundation and the shadow for the floor will be missing. The stilts and edge of the flooring show but it is bright and empty in the middle. I know there is a reported glitch with the missing floors and glass tiles from Island Living but I believe this is a separate (maybe related? Im not a dev) bug.
What happens when the bug occurs? Under deck foundations the main part of the flooring is not visible in the shadow, its the same brightness as the areas outside of the shadow and the stilts and edging are clearly visible in the shadow.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a continuous shadow under the deck without a gaping bright missing spot of shadow in the middle. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After stilt foundations were introduced.

Frankly I am shocked to see such a jarring bug in the game as well as I was able to identify it in 3 well known Sims game changers building videos by Deligracy, The Sims Supply and Lilsimsie. I am sure it is in other game changer videos and other peoples games as well. I am attaching photos from my game and screen captures of examples of the bug in the game changers videos I mentioned.

Message 1 of 4 (1,482 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Missing floor shadow under stilt foundations

Hero

Stilt foundation shadows now appear properly.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,179 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

As this would normally go on the Buy/Build list, I forwarded this but not added to any list. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,360 Views)

★★ Guide

Light still showing through decks on pier foundations (rooms built on pier foundations seem to block light as expected). Checked after installing  Update: 08/08/2019 - PC 1.54.120.1020 / Mac 1.54.120.1020

Message 3 of 4 (1,275 Views)

Hero

Stilt foundation shadows now appear properly.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (1,180 Views)