Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Missing Wall Trim Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4 Deluxe Extras, Holidays Pack, Get To Work, Grim's Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Applying a wall trim on a quarter circle floor and then shrinking it to the smallest possible floor area.
What happens when the bug occurs? A portion of the trim and the ceiling adjacent to it disappears.
What do you expect to see? A complete wall trim around the floor perimeter.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I just updated the game through Origin as always and the version is now 1.36.104.1020. This is probably the most glitch-ridden update of the game since I bought it.

I've never had any game-breaking problems with Origin games before and this is the first.

Message 1 of 12 (4,790 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Missing Wall Trim Glitch

Hero (Retired)

@iamroycflores this appears to be fixed as of the 6/19/18 patch - can you please verify that it's fixed in your game?  Thanks!

View in thread

Message 6 of 12 (4,605 Views)

All Replies

Re: Missing Wall Trim Glitch

Hero (Retired)

Can confirm that this happens in my game as well.  Will add.

Message 2 of 12 (4,749 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Missing Wall Trim Glitch

EA Staff

Hi @iamroycflores

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 3 of 12 (4,710 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @SimGuruIcarus - Just fyi, you should be able to reproduce this without a save. 

Steps:

1. In build mode, at ground level, place a flat (of any shape).
  2. Go up a level and place a flat round above the flat.
  3. Place a frieze or exterior trim on the flat round.
  4. Re-size the flat round, shrinking it a notch on each side.

Results:  At the smallest size allowed for the flat round, there will be a gap on the frieze or trim on each side.  You will also see the gap on one of the sides when that side is at one size higher but the other side is at the smallest size.

Message 4 of 12 (4,681 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @SimGuruIcarus,

Sorry for the delayed reply!

Do you still need my saves? I'm not quite sure which file extensions (in the saves folder) are needed though.

Message 5 of 12 (4,636 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@iamroycflores this appears to be fixed as of the 6/19/18 patch - can you please verify that it's fixed in your game?  Thanks!

Message 6 of 12 (4,606 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry for my delayed reply!

I just finished reinstalling TS4 and all expansions this morning and I can confirm that the patch definitely fixed it.

Thank you so much for the help!

Message 7 of 12 (4,498 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Missing Wall Trim Glitch

★★ Guide

I have a similar issue, which appeared after one of the latest patches. I can't place wall trims on curved edges anymore.

Message 8 of 12 (4,354 Views)

★★ Novice

The bug was fixed a while back, but after the latest patch it has reappeared. Hopefully it will be fixed again soon.

Message 9 of 12 (4,347 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@iamroycflores @puderosasims we have a separate thread for the new issue with trim on curved sections - see here and please follow that thread, as the issue is a little different than this older, closed issue.

Message 10 of 12 (4,280 Views)