Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Missing Text for Options - Screen Capture

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the game Options, switch to Screen capture and observe the missing text (just squares instead)
What happens when the bug occurs? There's no text in the titles of the sub-sections .. just squares
What do you expect to see? Actual text one can read
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I think it appeared after installing Patch 1.85. but it could have been an issue before.

See image

Bild_2022-03-15_195121.png

Also happening in German

Bild_2022-03-15_200841.png

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 13 (1,744 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Missing Text for Options - Screen Capture

★★★★★ Expert
@crinrict Fixed for me in Patch 1.89.214.1030

View in thread

Message 11 of 13 (1,046 Views)

All Replies

Re: Missing Text for Options - Screen Capture

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Also happening in Japanese
Message 2 of 13 (1,494 Views)

Rif.: Missing Text for Options - Screen Capture

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@crinrict  Also happening in Italian.

Message 3 of 13 (1,413 Views)

Boxes instead of text in Game Options

★★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP except Eco; GP: RoM, JA, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day, OR; SP: Knitting, Toddler, Bowling, Glamour, Backyard, Kids room, Romantic Garden, Movie, Spooky, Patio, Luxury Party, Country Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the Game Options menu from anywhere in the game and select "Screen Capture"
What happens when the bug occurs? The headers for this section are little white boxes instead of text.
What do you expect to see? Text headers
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Since I don't go into options very much I'm not sure how long this has been like this. Screenshot attached. The headers are just white boxes where text should be. Other PC players I talk to regularly see the same thing. I am checking with a console friend as well and will update if she gets back to me.

Message 4 of 13 (1,378 Views)

Re: Boxes instead of text in Game Options

★★★★ Guide
@ravencoal After you removed your mods, did you delete the localthumbcache file in the Sims 4 folder? If not, try that.
Message 5 of 13 (1,327 Views)

★★★ Guide

I also see this:  moved entire mods folder out of sims 4 folder, deleted the localthumbcache and tested.screen capture.jpg

Message 6 of 13 (1,317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@rlc77  Hi, yes, I always delete the cache files when I make any changes to my mods folder, including removing it to test. I should have mentioned that in my original post. I honestly don't know why I didn't.

Message 7 of 13 (1,288 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Me too. The same in my game. Tested on a brand new game without any mods. New game folder. 

Message 8 of 13 (1,129 Views)
Highlighted

Font Problem in Screen Capture

★ Novice

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.87.40.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 11 expansions packs 9 game packs 16 stuff packs 6 Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Option-Screen Capture
What happens when the bug occurs? font isn't show. it's look like | | | | | | | | | | | | that.
What do you expect to see? text show up like other page
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Game Option - Screen Capture .  font isn't show. it's look like | | | | | | | | | | | | that.

Message 9 of 13 (1,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Me Too 

English

Version 1.87.40.1230
No mod
no save game

new game

Screen Shot 2565-05-09 at 21.47.11.png

Message 10 of 13 (974 Views)