Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [Memory leak] Playing in the lower left neighborhood of Newcre

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [Memory leak] Playing in the lower left neighborhood of Newcrest

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, City Living, Get Together, Cats and Dogs, Outdoor Retreat, Spa day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Kids Room Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? To speed up the process, create a family of 8 and start a new game in Newcrest. Move into the empty "Avarice Acres" lot in the lower left area of the neighborhood. Play for at least 5 minutes and then hold shift and scroll your mouse wheel up and down to zoom (reproduction of issue can be sped up when you continuously roll the mouse wheel up and down 20x or more after playing in the lot for 5 minutes). Continue playing while using the camera zoom and rotation.
What happens when the bug occurs? First signs are camera movements will begin to stutter. FPS will gradually degrade into the single digits as you play until the game crashes.
What do you expect to see? I expect there to be no performance issues when playing in that neighborhood lot like before the June 19 patch.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Problem began after updating to 1.44.77.1020

Screenshot #1: FPS after starting a new game in Newcrest Avarice Acres.

SS1.jpg

Screenshot #2: FPS after 5 minutes of play and camera zooming.

SS2.jpg

Screenshot #3: FPS after 10 minutes of play and camera zooming.

SS3.jpg

Continue playing and the FPS will continue to degrade into the single digits until the game crashes.

Screenshot #4: FPS after starting a new game in the 64x64 Windenburg lot. (No issues)

SS4.jpg

Screenshot #5: FPS after 20 minutes of play in the 64x64 Windenburg lot with camera zooming. (No issues)

SS5.jpg

As you can see, there are no issues when playing on other larger lots except in that specific area of Newcrest. These tests were done with no mods (not even MCCC) with localthumbcache deleted before each test.

This problem persist even when graphics settings are lowered to the absolute minimum. Only difference is it takes longer for FPS to degrade in that Newcrest neighborhood.

DXDIAG attached.

Message 1 of 9 (2,185 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [Memory leak] Playing in the lower left neighborhood of Newcre

★★★★★ Apprentice

I forgot to update that this issue was fixed in the Get Famous update back in November 2018 and playing in that area of the neighborhood no longer causes performance degradation.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (1,314 Views)

All Replies

Re: Memory leak when playing in the lower left neighborhood of Newcrest

EA Staff

Hi @Rorolina

We will try to reproduce this at our end. 

In the meantime, would you be willing to record a video and send it to us?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you very much!

Message 2 of 9 (2,139 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Here you go: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqD2xzEaIH1haTT-zrSXn1l1gkM

Problem begins at 5:00 of the video. Before the recent update, the FPS would revert back to stable 58-60 on the FPS counter. Post update, the FPS drops and continues to degrade until the game becomes unplayable. Again, this is only in that area of Newcrest and no where else.

Message 3 of 9 (2,122 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @Rorolina

We are unable to see the video. 

Can you upload to youtube or any other media channel?

Thank you!

Message 4 of 9 (2,009 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@SimGuruIcarus

Unfortunately I can't. Were you unable to download the video or were you not able to play it back? Here it is on Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mOzW_sXqj8eb8x_TlhmVJ6gas9OIJpsY/view?usp=sharing

Message 5 of 9 (1,999 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Update: The latest patch 1.44.83.1020 did not fix this issue. Severe, cumulative performance degradation still occurs in this neighborhood when playing in the lower left area.

Message 6 of 9 (1,849 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I was having the same issue with a memory leak playing Twin Oracle Point, but thought it was because I was playing a large family on a laptop while also have a browser window or three open.  It began in June before the Seasons release and got bad fast. I reset my game to factory settings, I repaired the game, and then I moved that save file to my desktop.  I even reset the laptop back to factory spec because it was so bad I wasn't sure if it was the game or something else.  At this point, I finished the challenge I was playing and no longer play it.  Up until June I had never had a memory leak so not sure if I have/had the same problem or a different one.  I do still have the save file saved.

Message 7 of 9 (1,682 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I forgot to update that this issue was fixed in the Get Famous update back in November 2018 and playing in that area of the neighborhood no longer causes performance degradation.

Message 8 of 9 (1,315 Views)

Hero
Thank you for your feedback on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (1,309 Views)