Re: [OPEN] Male toddlers/children continues with a sweet voice after grow up

by ShayyBayy

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

And now he is a young adult, and he still sounds like a female.

My first male child since the patch has been born. I'm hoping so much this is fixed before he ages. It's so annoying.

Message 11 of 52 (4,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Try the cas.fulleditmode cheat. You can change the voice

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 52 (4,084 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

Try the cas.fulleditmode cheat. You can change the voice

Thank you very much for this! 

Message 13 of 52 (4,048 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am also having this problem and someone on the sims forum pointed me here.  My twins grew up and now have female teen voices.

Message 14 of 52 (4,040 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue, no CC, no mods turned on since the update.

I''ve had 2 male sims for my legacy - both female voices. Full CAS doesn't help me because no matter what voice I put it on, it still is a feminine voice. I can't get any male deep voices or anything for my male sims. So annoying.

Message 15 of 52 (4,023 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm not sure if this is the same issue but I've noticed an overall mixup with the voices in the game. When I create male or female sims, the voices will frequently default to the female version. So if I go into CAS to start a new game and choose a male, when I click on one of the voice styles (i.e., the musical one with the songbird icon) the voice will switch from a male to a female, higher pitched voice. This happens sometimes with females where the voice will become more masculine but doesn't seem to be as frequent--or I just didn't notice it as much. Though, come to think of it, their nanny has a really deep voice for a woman.

Message 16 of 52 (4,020 Views)

★★ Novice

I've had the same problem, and I fixed it with the CAS cheat. Unfortunately though all sims and NBC's grow up with the "sweet" voice unless I fix it...

Message 17 of 52 (4,003 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is very annoying, particularly if you have a very masculine sim with, well, the voice of a bitchy college chick.  (Poor Alexander Goth)

I was able to fix mine with the full edit cheat... so, until it is patched, for those it's annoying:

1. Press CTR+SHIFT+C to bring console up.
  2. Enter testingcheats true.
  3. Enter cas.fulleditmode (this enables you to make full edits)
  4. Now click on a sim while holding shift down. You should get an Edit in CAS option.
  5. Click that option and you're ready to edit your sim.

You will, unfortunately, have to edit every guy individually though.  I hope you don't go through them as fast as I do!

Message 18 of 52 (3,990 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just wanted to add a "me too" as I'm having the problem with male sims aging from child to teen having feminine voices.

Message 19 of 52 (3,953 Views)

All my sims have women's voices?

★★★ Newbie

All my sims, when raised from infants or toddlers, end up having women's voices regardless of their biological gender. It's gotten really annoying, and I can't change their voices in CAS because they're pre-existing sims. Any idea why this happens? I figure it's because there's only one voice type for toddlers, the candy one, and that just ends up transferring all the way to adulthood. It's incredibly frustrating.

Message 20 of 52 (3,954 Views)