Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Male Spellcasters with female hair go bald on Rite of Dissolution

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a male Spellcaster with a female hairstyle (like Darrel Charm) get the Rite of Dissolution
What happens when the bug occurs? The male Spellcaster looses his hair when he has the Rite of Dissolution performed on him.
What do you expect to see? A male Spellcaster that previously has female hair, become a regular Sim but still keep his hair.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I first discovered this when I was testing the Rites of Dissolution and Ascension for someone. I was trying to see if all the spells and perk points remained if you had your Spellcaster stop being magic and then later become a Spellcaster again.  I was using a Sim in the game who already knew some spells.  I chose Darrel Charm. He just so happens to have a female hairstyle, but I didn't think that would make any difference. 

I took him to have a Sage perform the Rite of Dissolution, and immediately he became bald! Large smile:eahigh_file:  I then tried it on Tomax (after changing his hair to a female hair) and Grace (after changing her hairstyle to the one Darrel had to see if it had to do with that particular hairstyle.)  Tomax became bald but Grace did not.  So then, I tested Emilie (Darrel's fiancé) and changed her hair to a male hairstyle to see if that did anything.  She kept her hair even though it was a male hairstyle. 

Here are some pictures:

Darrel after the rite is performed:

10-06-19_1-20-59 AM.png

Tomax with a female hairstyle:

10-06-19_5-12-52 AM.png

Tomax bald: 

10-06-19_5-13-24 AM.png

Grace with Darrel's female hair (same before and after the Rite of Dissolution):

10-06-19_5-14-08 AM.png

Emilie with a male hairstyle:

10-06-19_5-45-04 AM.png

Both females with female hair and male hair keep their hair after the Rite of Dissolution, but males with female hair go bald!  I did not test males with male hair. Raised eyebrow

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 1 of 4 (780 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Male Spellcasters with female hair go bald on Rite of Dissolut

Hero

Male spellcasters will no longer have a chance of going bald after performing Rite of Dissolution.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (612 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Male Spellcasters with female hair go bald on Rite of Dissolut

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

For me a female sim with male hair got another hair style and hair colour after Rite of Dissolution.

She had this grey male hair from Get Famous

2019-10-18_18-56-38.png

She got a black fro after the rite

2019-10-18_18-54-42.png

Message 2 of 4 (709 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Male Spellcasters with female hair go bald on Rite of Dissolut

★★★ Guide
@crinrictPugLove888 *can't stop laughing* 😄😄😄😄😄😂😂😂😂😂😂
Message 3 of 4 (686 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Male Spellcasters with female hair go bald on Rite of Dissolut

Hero

Male spellcasters will no longer have a chance of going bald after performing Rite of Dissolution.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (613 Views)