Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Makeup opacity slider wont work on cheek makeup

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except for Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into create a sim and try to use make up slider.
What happens when the bug occurs? I go to use make up slider on sims and it doesn't let me use the opacity slider anymore.
What do you expect to see? To be able to use the opacity slider.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The new patch that was released today the 21st was just downloaded.

Saw on Twitter that at least one other person was having this issue.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 22 (3,504 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Makeup opacity slider wont work on cheek makeup

Hero

Some blush and lipstick opacity sliders are back as they were greyed out.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 21 of 22 (1,942 Views)

All Replies

Basegame Blush Slider Broken

★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS and access the sliders for the basegame blushes. The sliders are present for all of the other packs except basegame, it's all greyed out.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to change the opacity was there yesterday and now it's no longer an option
What do you expect to see? The ability to use the sliders as intended and described in the December patch
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.70.84.1020 broke the sliders for basegame blushes

I am so exhausted with the bugs and glitches that continue to appear after patches and packs get introduced into the game. Before todays update the sliders were working and now all of the sliders except the basegame sliders work. 

Message 2 of 22 (3,486 Views)

Re: Makeup opacity slider wont work on cheek makeup

Hero

Seems there's two different ways of broken blush

Adding a pictures

Makeup.JPG

It was broken on console before (sounds different then the PC/Mac issue) so if you are on console, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS-Opacity-Slider-wont-move-on-cheek-makeup/m-p/9834011

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 22 (3,460 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict Yes, I show the same blushes affected as above. 

Message 4 of 22 (3,439 Views)

★ Pro
Yes, broken in my game, too. I know that the Mac blush in crinrict's pic was working ok prior to the 1.70.84.1020 patch because I had used it on a sim and adjusted opacity just a few days ago.
Message 5 of 22 (3,435 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Same in my game Frown
Message 6 of 22 (3,416 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict 

It's more than that for me. In my game, the base game blush is entirely locked out, both of my mac blushes have a locked opacity slider, and two of the Get to Work blushes are missing the top slider's circle completely. Which means only two of my blushes are functioning as intended. I am still able to use the custom saved blushes from before though. Is there a way that I can go back to the old patch until this is fixed because this patch is not worth broken blushes :/

I have every pack except Star Wars (and Paranormal since it isn't out yet). I have no mods or cc installed and just launched my game after updating.

Message 7 of 22 (3,397 Views)

Hero
@siladris I didn't post pictures for all of them. Just an example for each case.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 22 (3,346 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNGI've also noticed the same issues regarding lipstick. I know that originally the team mentioned that some items were omitted bc it didn't make sense to have the ability to adjust them (not understanding why, all of the makeup should be adjustable). So, I have included screenshots of these as well. But these are just a few, I did not go through all of the lipsticks to see which ones were affected. I really hope they fix this issue. I was finally at a point to where I was actually enjoying the makeup in-game, now all of our options for customization for skintones is limited. 

Message 9 of 22 (3,236 Views)

Re: Basegame Blush Slider Broken

★★ Novice

I just noticed that the base game and Mac blushes have the sliders turned off for them, but my CC and Get to Work blushes have the slider options.

Message 10 of 22 (3,090 Views)