Re: [NEEDS INFO] [MSP] Game freezes while using the camera and tripod

by SimmerMorgan

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

I noticed it seems to happen when I switch poses very quickly, if I wait a few seconds between poses it's fine. 

Message 31 of 63 (1,316 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this issue. It has happened every time that I have tried using the new tripod and the new camera with the new stuff pack. It really sucks having to restart my game. I eventually have gotten so pissed off from it that I have stopped playing it. 

Message 32 of 63 (1,303 Views)

Re: Game freezes in Camera Mode (Moschino Pack)

Hero
@Hyperion_Rail You've been merged :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 63 (1,289 Views)

★ Guide

Hi! I have the same issue as well, it seems to stem from changing poses multiple times. For me it has happened every time I use the tripod/camera. Buttons are clickable but nothing happens and the only possible solution is to force stop the game (I once left it "thinking" for 20 minutes but it never continued working). 

I play on a PC, I've got no CC or Mods, I have all packs except First pet stuff and I play though Origin. Let me know if you want my save file or a video or if you have enough already from other people Standard smile 

Message 34 of 63 (1,227 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There seems to be a bad resource leak, both overall from the game and during the Poses functionality. I am on Windows 10 64-bit. No mods, Base Game, City Living, Moschino.

Even timing it so consecutive poses have several seconds in between changes (i.e., clicking the actual change pose icon), I can sequence perhaps five poses before the game locks up and needs to be ended through Task Manager. 

As a workaround, I sequence three, but with pauses - the pauses happen anyway since I'm doing camera maneuvering to get a better perspective or framing. Then exit.

There's still that noticeable lag after exiting the viewfinder mode - Active Sim briefly disappears, then reappears, but game is also non-responsive during that period.

Overall the game starts to consume RAM voraciously over the course of say a two-hour play session, at one point it was approaching 1/5 of my 15 GB available memory.

Then there's the gameplay part where Submission and approval of Portrait Mode photos will prevent successful completion of any Freelance Photo Gigs.

Is there any update on a patch?

Message 35 of 63 (1,218 Views)

Screen freezes when taking pictures with tripod

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? gp06:1.assets.ml-gp06.77
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take photos on the camera tripod.
What happens when the bug occurs? After a few photos, the game will freeze, allowing you to move your cursor around but are unable to click on anything and cannot exit the game or save. I’ve had to force quit my game every time this has happened to me.
What do you expect to see? The game not freezing and allowing me to finish taking my photos
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the Moschino stuff update, this started happening

I’ve tried changing the cameras and that doesn’t seem to help. And it doesn’t seem like it’s consistent, sometimes it freezes and sometimes it lets me continue to take pictures. Sorry I can’t provide more help! 

Message 36 of 63 (1,156 Views)

Re: Screen freezes when taking pictures with tripod

★★★★★ Guide
Message 37 of 63 (1,144 Views)

Hero
@eviaria Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please click me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 63 (1,120 Views)

★★ Guide

I really hope this is fixed cause unfortuanly it will happen on consoles after releasing Tuesday. I've had this happen and clicked me too.

No camera is exempt it's happened with the base game camera,get to work cameras and the new camera with Moschino. I really love that tripod and hope this gets fixed.

Message 39 of 63 (1,084 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have no other programs running. I used the top gtw  camera and didn't rush to change poses.  It is an intermittent fault in my game. It happened when I used the hot keys to change camera angle took.

Message 40 of 63 (1,053 Views)