Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [MSP] Game freezes while using the camera and tripod

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Last update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but : Jungle Adventures, Vampires, Fitness Stuff, Toddlers stuff and My first Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens when using the Moshino SP camera and tripod.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes while I'm switching between poses, making me unable to do anything, I had to force switch off my laptop.
What do you expect to see? My game not freezing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded Maschino SP.

I was taking pictures with the new camera and tripod in the Moschino SP, switching poses when the game froze, the only way to close it was to force switch off my laptop. 

Note : Then I relaunched the game, used the tripod with another camera and it was fine this time.

I have cc but no mods.

CM Edit - I've added the latest version to your report, for clarity. 

Message 1 of 63 (5,185 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [MSP] Game freezes while using the camera and tripod

Hero

Fixed an issue in which in some cases the game would freeze while in Photo Mode.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 63 of 63 (2,841 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

@dianed485 Could you possibly share your save file where this happened? And if you see it again could you possibly take a video? Thanks so much for the help! 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 63 (5,128 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I had the same problem using the second basegame camera. After loading the game again the camera worked ok. I took the pictures slowly. The camera seamed to need some time to make the flash noise. I waited for the flashnoise before taking the next picture. The frist time I took a lot of pictures fast and changed the poses fast. After freezing i could still use my mouse to click on the camera options, but nothing happend. After waiting some time a closed The Sims true taskmanager. (English is 't my frist language)  

Message 3 of 63 (5,025 Views)

Hero
@dhjsim Are you on PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 63 (4,902 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I use a PC laptop.

Message 5 of 63 (4,865 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [MSP] Game freezes while using the camera and tripod

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm getting the same problem, my game will freeze while randomizing the pose using the tripod. The buttons will still be clickable, but not do anything, not even make sounds. It's happened 3 or 4 times already and I've had to restart my game every time. It's incredibly aggravating, especially because my sims game takes 10 - 20 minutes to start up. I'm going to try using a different camera.

Another strange glitch - I have an underground photo studio, and if I move the camera around too much, the camera will jump to the ground on the floor above and I won't be able to go back down. I'll have to exit out and make my sims take the picture again, wasting time.

Ah, now the in-game photos I've taken over the past 3 real-life years have all turned black from the digital photo frame.

It's not the end of the world, I made a backup of my saves before I installed Moschino so I could get the pictures back that way... but I was really excited about better photography and all these bugs are killing my mood. It's awfully depressing. I hope a fix for them comes out soon.

Also, I tried the cheapest camera from GTW on the tripod and I haven't run into the bug yet.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 6 of 63 (4,840 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening for me too. Anytime I used the tripod and try to have my subjects pose it'll freeze before the end of the session. The buttons are still technically clickable but nothing happens. The subject no longer changes poses, I can't take another photo, and I can't exit out of taking pictures. I have to manually force quit the program in order to exit. When I try to force quit it prompts me if I want to save and exit but I am unable to save the game so I have to completely quit the game and lose all progress if I haven't saved recently.

Message 7 of 63 (4,811 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@SimGuruNickI just Dmed my save to you. Hope it helps Standard smile

Message 8 of 63 (4,754 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’m getting the same issue i’m on a fairly new Mac done the usual cache clearing etc and got more than enough space to run the game, but every time I use the tripod/camera it freezes weird the options are still clickable and do nothing and then I have to restart the game again. 

Message 9 of 63 (4,689 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Julie_Mander 

Are you seeing this issue all the time?  We've been having trouble reproducing this.  If there's any other info you can provide, it may be helpful.  Do you have any other programs running while playing the game?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 63 (4,674 Views)