Endless Load Screen when trying to visit a home in Willowcreek.

by LuciferVArtist

Original Post

Re: Unnamed Households with living sims moved to lots causing LastException repo

★ Apprentice

Heya everybody, we have found a workaround for this error so you don't have to delete your ghosts and end up with messed up family trees!

If you go into the "Other Households" menu, you'll see some households without a name. Best way to see those is sorting the list from A-Z.
Give all of these households a name. Every single one. 
The LastException message should be gone afterwards since the game has a "valid household" to move into a vacation lot.

If you don't want these ghosts to show up in your "Other Household" menu but also want to keep the family tree, we have found a fix with the MCCC (MC Command Center) mod:
Click on the mailbox, choose the MCCC menu and "Hide Households". You can select sims you want to be hidden. Choose all your ghosts and you should be good to go. They're still gonna be there for your family tree but not showing up any longer.

This should do. If it doesn't, reply. Wink 

Message 21 of 25 (1,656 Views)

Re: Unnamed Households with living sims moved to lots causing LastException repo

★★★★ Novice

When you say "they couldn't fix the existing saves", do you mean that all saves that were created before February 2018 have a chance of being affected by this bug even if they haven't been played since the bug was introduced in November 2017? Or do you only mean that saves which have already been affected by the bug cannot be fixed? To use forum parlance, it is pretty "plum" for us legacy Simmers to have this bug destroy our legacy files. I haven't played mine since the November patch because this bug started happening in my sister's game. I want to know whether it is safe to play this save file now.

Message 22 of 25 (1,629 Views)

Hero
Of you have unnamed households, those won't be fixed.

There's two solutions to this issue:

1. Delete the ghost household
2. Try @niesniesmeow solution in the post above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 25 (1,624 Views)

Endless Load Screen when trying to visit a home in Willowcreek.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs, all stuff packs except My first pets, Laundry, Toddler, Kids room, and backyard stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? N/A
What happens when the bug occurs? The screen stays on the loading screen indefinitely and I have to use Task manager to close the game. No LE or crash report registers in the Sims 4 folder.
What do you expect to see? When I visit a lot in Willowcreek (It's the house at the end of he *-de-sac to the south) with a ghost sim occupant, the loading screen lasts indefinitely with no LE's or crash reports. My computer doesn't even show that sims 4 is not responding but the loading sceen never goes away and the lot never loads.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a lot in Willowcreek that has had a ghost sim (who is an unused sim) living there. This sim does not register as an occupied lot resident in the Manage sims tab. He also goes back and forth from looking like a living sim and a transparent ghost sim. When I go to this lot from another family home it will load as long as the Sim is not home. The lot looks like it is a crime scene from. However when I leave and try to come back later this is when I get the unending loading screen that causes me to have to manually shut my game down. I also tried loading this lot with no mods CC installed in my game and this had no effect on the outcome. I don't think any screen shots are relevant for this situation. If needed I will post.

EDIT :  when I attempted to load the lot myself I got this error in the photo screen shot I attached.

Message 24 of 25 (1,532 Views)

Re: Endless Load Screen when trying to visit a home in Willowcreek.

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 25 (1,518 Views)