Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [MHSP] Progress Bar doesn't Move while Watching Movie

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Eco-Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Watch a Movie
What happens when the bug occurs? The progress bar no longer moves
What do you expect to see? The progress bar on watching the movie move and complete when the movie is over.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After Updating to the Pre-Eco-Living Patch

Attached Video of Movie progress bar being stuck.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 1 of 71 (8,807 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [MHSP] Progress Bar doesn't Move while Watching Movie

Hero

Movie night has been reclaimed! Sims now can watch complete films from start to finish without getting stuck in a never-ending loop… or I should say not in a Neverending Story? STTOOooooryyyyyYYYY.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 71 of 71 (2,999 Views)

All Replies

Re: Progress Bar doesn't Move while Watching Movie

★★★★★ Guide
@Abradley745 I had my Sim watch a movie and not only did the bar not move but the movie repeated itself and the Sim just kept watching it.
Message 2 of 71 (8,715 Views)

★★★ Guide

Ok, good to see it wasn't just me. I decided to try repairing my game before checking this error for the 3rd time... the game repair through origin seems to have fixed it, temporarily. No clue how long that will last. 

Message 3 of 71 (8,705 Views)

Movies playing in loop since the last update

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.25
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Watch a movie on a tv or projector
What happens when the bug occurs? Movie plays in loop for hours, it never ends and it doesn’t give a moodlet
What do you expect to see? To work as before
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Last update on June 3rd

Hello 🙂

Not sure if anyone already reported this but as stated above Watch a movie and Watch a movie with interactions are not working properly since last update.

Tried restarting the game and console and with different sims/households. Same for all. The movie will just repeatedly play in loop until I manually cancel it

Message 4 of 71 (8,668 Views)

Re: Movies playing in loop since the last update

Hero
@Shadowfax1004 Merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 71 (8,631 Views)

★★★ Guide

Loaded an existing save, and I'm back to experiencing Movies stuck on a loop. Seem's it is fixable by repairing and making a new save. But any existing save file it gets stuck. Least from my experience testing this.

Message 6 of 71 (8,626 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Abradley745 Tried that on my game but doesn't seem to fix the issue. I found that rebuying the TV fixes it for ONE movie. After that it breaks again and it's back to indefinite movie watching.
Message 7 of 71 (8,586 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPIUT] [MHSP] Progress Bar doesn't Move while Watching Movie

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I also have this issue. My sim watched a movie and I wondered why the progress bar is still at the beginning and then I realized that she watched the same film over and over and she does not stop until I cancel the interaction.

Pre-update was also a bug, the sim canceled watching the movie before the end, but now she just watches the same movie over and over.

Message 8 of 71 (8,547 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If anyone else is facing this issue or managed to fix it, please let us know! Standard smile

Message 9 of 71 (8,482 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Abradley745 My sims watched movies fine before the patch and now it never finishes not matter what I do. Also it keeps coming up too autonomously! I'm about to delete my TV!
Message 10 of 71 (8,315 Views)