Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [MHSP] Dining Table doesn't recolor

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, Spa Day, Parenthood, Movie Hangout Stuff, Kids Room Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build/Buy Mode, the Run Run Runnerway (US edition) dining table from Movie Hangout Stuff. Pick a different color than the default table color, and place the table in the world.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I select the table's recolor palette, and choose a new color, it shows as recolored in the preview. But when I put the table into the world, no matter the recolor, it defaults to the brown table top/purple legs table.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see that it will recolor to the color I select, and then stay that way upon placement in the world.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch for Cats and Dogs: 1.36

Text

Message 1 of 21 (3,814 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [MHSP] Dining Table doesn't recolor

Hero

• The Run Run Runnerway table will now properly change color as you choose different swatches.

This should now be fully fixed in Patch 1.41.38

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 21 of 21 (2,989 Views)

All Replies

Re: [MHSP] Dining Table doesn't recolor

Hero (Retired)

I can confirm that the issue exists in my game as well.  Will add.

Message 2 of 21 (3,691 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [MHSP] Dining Table doesn't recolor

★ Novice

I can attest that I also have this recoloring issue. 

Message 3 of 21 (3,651 Views)

★★ Novice
I'm having the same issue. Not just with dining table from movie stuff.... :/
Message 4 of 21 (3,630 Views)

Cannot choose or swap colours of two tables

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into buy mode and place the tables
What happens when the bug occurs? You cannot swap the colours of two tables
What do you expect to see? Before placing table you cannot choose colour, after placing table still can't choose colour.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello,
This is a minor problem but a problem either way. There's a bug with two of the tables from the game. One table from the Backyard pack called "Milly's Dining" and one from Movie Hangout "Run Run Runnerway"; the bug being that you cannot choose or swap the colours of them. You can't do it before placing them, or after placing them. I've removed my CC/Mods and repaired the game and launched it vanilla yet the problem is still there. 

Message 5 of 21 (3,645 Views)

Re: Cannot choose or swap colours of two tables

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue.

Message 6 of 21 (3,586 Views)

Re: Cannot choose or swap colours of two tables

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue as well with both of the dining tables mentioned above

Message 7 of 21 (3,558 Views)

Suddenly unable to change colour of two tables

★★★★★ Novice

I'm putting this here, because there doesn't seem to be a specific Mac forum for tech issues, and I also don't know whether I should log this as a bug (I've attached a screenshot of the tables in question, but I also have a video of the issue if you don't understand what I mean from my description.

Basically,I cycle through the options, but the colour doesn't change (the preview next to the description does, though).

I have the base game, plus all expansions, stuff packs, etc., up to and including Cats and Dogs. 

I have repaired the game

The game HAS NO - nor has it ever had - custom content.

I even set up a new user account on my Mac, to see if it was anything to do with the old account (yes, but straws must be clutched)

The only thing I've not done, because it seems like overkill, is to format my laptop. 

I'm running the game on a 2016 MacBook Pro (yeah, I know, but it's all I've got - but at least it's one of the high end ones with a discrete graphics card - even if the discrete graphics card is 💩. It's also not mine), running High Sierra (but it was a problem under Sierra too).

Anyone else noticed this...? Could people running the game on a Mac have a look to see if their game's affected (I'm thinking it could be a bug introduced with Cats & Dogs (anyone got any Frontline...?), so if you have it, and are playing on a Mac, could you check your game...?

Should I log a bug report?

Message 8 of 21 (3,530 Views)

Re: Suddenly unable to change colour of two tables

Hero

Hi @Rename23321

it's actually a known issue and I've merged with collection thread and the other reports

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 21 (3,527 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

If you're meaning the table with the runner (Run, Run Runaway, I think it's called), then I'm having the same problem. I'm also having the same problem with Milly's Outdoor from the Outdoor pack - they both have runners, but that's probably coincidental. 

If you're having a problem with the movie table, check to see if it also occurs with the other one, I suspect it will.

Message 10 of 21 (3,529 Views)