[FIXED] [MFPSP] Rodent Cage Breaks Game

by SproutLee

Original Post

Rodent acting weirdly (teleporting and dying without reason)

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy rodent cage, and wait about 1-2 sim days. Then try play with your rodent or try clean the cage
What happens when the bug occurs? Rodent teleports itself to sim and even though I have been cleaning the cage seems to be dirty and rodent dies (I get a message that I didn´t take care of it, which is not true)
What do you expect to see? Rodent cage to be clean after cleaning and not teleport while playing with the rodent.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After Get Famous

I already tried the 50/50 method and even delete mods and cc all together, but the problem still occurred. In the video cage seems to be dirty even though it´s not (it says cage is already clean). I can´t click that.

Spoiler
Message 61 of 113 (840 Views)

Re: Rodent acting weirdly (teleporting and dying without reason)

Hero

HI @SamanthaSunny 

could you try this on a new save with no cc/mods

I assume you tried removing the mods/CC after you're getting the issue ?

The rodent cage is a bit bugged atm so it would be good to know if you get it on a fresh save as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 113 (828 Views)

★ Guide

Oh lord... I started a fresh new save with a new family, and I got a hedgehog for them. Cage didn´t start to get dirty, because I didn´t have the chance to wait for it. But, when I tried to play with it, sim lagged, and the whole game started to be full of bugs and lags. Eventually, it died again without any reason (cage was clean and there was food). I put some videos what happened after I tried to play with the hedgehog. No problems before this.

Message 63 of 113 (816 Views)

Game keeps going when paused (or in build mode)

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This happened to me after I got a rodent cage. Tried to play with a rodent, but sims lagged, and after a while, this happened.. I´m not sure does it happen in another way, without a rodent cage but.. Don´t know...
What happens when the bug occurs? Game keeps going, time stops when you pause or go to build mode, but game is literally going. And if you tryu to save, nothing happens. I can´t even quit the game.
What do you expect to see? Game should pause, go high-speed when you click speed controls or pause button, and in build mode, game should not keep going.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After Strangeville game pack

This is horrible.. If this is just because of a rodent cage (because everything was fine before I tried to play with the rodent) ok, I can play without them, but it shouldn´t be that way. Anyways, this is terrible bug! Here are some videos about this bug.

Message 64 of 113 (828 Views)

★ Guide

Was the rodent on the wheel before it teleported? If so, then that's part of the other bugs with it. The rodent gets stuck on the wheel which causes a lot of bugs and weirdness. 

Message 65 of 113 (809 Views)

Re: Game keeps going when paused (or in build mode)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SamanthaSunny 

merged both of your threads.

I think it's all part of the same issue and the cage is currently unusable. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 113 (812 Views)

★ Guide

@Evie0602 wrote:

Was the rodent on the wheel before it teleported? If so, then that's part of the other bugs with it. The rodent gets stuck on the wheel which causes a lot of bugs and weirdness. 

Yes it was like in the video in spoiler window. I don't know why the video went there :/ so now I know not to use rodent cage, which is very sad because I have a hedgehog irl and it's very special to have it in my game Frown Well, we have to wait that fix!

Message 67 of 113 (796 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [MFPSP] Rodent Cage Breaks Game

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue except this happens all the time even without bay sims. It sucks because I love the idea of having a small pet for young sims. This started with my household of two young adult sim parents, one child, and one toddler. i'm guessing it was that many. Maybe there was a cat or dog or no child sim. It's hard to remember. I already deleted that save.

Message 68 of 113 (759 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [MFPSP] Rodent Cage Breaks Game

★★★★ Pro

I tried the cage again in a new vanilla save (one young adult in the household) and it is indeed still completely broken. In the first 24 hours everything is fine - in this time the cage can still be sold without breaking the game. On the second day the rodent gets stuck in its running wheel and everybody starts to lag in front of the cage.

Message 69 of 113 (744 Views)

Re: Game Breaks After Deleting Rodent Cage

★★★ Apprentice

This user's account (Evie0602) is exactly what just happened to me.

I also don't have any babies (unlike the original post). My Sims had the rat for about a couple Sim days. I just got the pack about a week ago (in real-world time). I fed the rat once; the game never let me feed it again, so I assumed it must not need to be fed often. Suddenly, I got a notification that the rat had died of starvation, but when I went to see what to do about it, the rat was "alive" -- had stats, said it was starving, moving, running on its wheel like a zombie with green odor animations coming out of the cage. I didn't have the option for my Sim to clean the habitat or release it, so I tried to have my Sim "purchase rodent" (to replace it). Nothing happened. So I tried deleting the cage (from build mode). It disappeared (I think?) but when I tried to buy a new rodent cage to replace the original cage, placing it in the same spot, the game completely broke. The cage kept switching between being visible and not being visible. I was in & out of build mode trying to delete it or fix it, so I can't remember now when it was visible (which mode) and when it wasn't, but in either case, I couldn't successfully interact with it via my Sim in live mode or successfully delete it from build mode. If I deleted it, it would come back. Then I'd go to replace it, and it would be gone, so I'd try placing another one -- couldn't interact with it, either. Then, I couldn't interact with anything -- couldn't click on it to delete it in build mode, couldn't direct my Sims to interact with the cage or to do anything else in their house. When I tried to exit, it wouldn't even save or exit, just froze on a loading screen for several minutes. I have two young adults on the lot, neither of whom is pregnant.

Message 70 of 113 (733 Views)