[FIXED] [MFPSP] Rodent Cage Breaks Game

by SproutLee

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [MFPSP] Rodent Cage Breaks Game

★★★★★ Apprentice

Now two sims are inside each other frozen by the rat cage. The one sim is not even in my household. Sims that visit me get froze by the cage too and apparently multiple sims can gather up. It's like the rat is hypnotizing them with his rodent wheel lol. It's driving me crazy to have to keep moving it in build mode. Just gonna not use the cage until it's fixed. 

Message 51 of 113 (1,129 Views)

Re: Game Breaks After Deleting Rodent Cage

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Having this issue, 

No babies/toddlers in the house, just two adult sims and one child sim.

Tried deleting the rodent cage and game breaks, will not switch to Live mode and game needs to force quit.

Just having the cage causing the issue, sims freeze when interacting/ just walking past it.

Any advice? 

Message 52 of 113 (1,094 Views)

Re: Game Breaks After Deleting Rodent Cage

★★★ Newbie

When I have a hamster my sims get stuck and I have to reset them. I try to interact or feed them or talk to them. If my sim doesn't get completely stuck then there is a great deal of lag. Please help!!

Thanks,

Connie

Message 53 of 113 (1,059 Views)

Game freezing

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? - All the expansion packs and game packs STUFF PACKS: - My first pet stuff - Backyard stuff - Kids room stuff - Spooky stuff - Luxury party stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freezes and I can't exit the game by saving I have to force quit.
What do you expect to see? The game freezes: - Sims heads continue to move - Time freezes - You're still able to click the speed buttons
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm having a problem, only recently (about 30 minutes now) my game hasn't been working properly, over an hour ago my game was completely fine then suddenly when I was trying to delete paintings off the wall in my house it wouldn't work so I tried to delete the room and it wouldn't work. Earlier when I took my pets to the vet to get neutered it wouldn't properly do it, my pet would go in the machine and come out immediately.

I then proceeded to save and quit my game but it took forever to save so I quit the game without saving. I then went back on to play again and only got a few minutes in for the game to just freeze since the time wasn't moving at all nor the sims but it seems they were stuck in the fastest speed since their heads were moving fast. So I quit the game and updated the game in case it needed to be updated and then I clicked the repair button just in case.

Now I went back in and it still froze but this time at an earlier time (before in the game it was 11:24 or something, now it froze at 8:03) so instead of quitting completely I went to manage worlds and as I am typing this it still hasn't loaded it's stuck at the loading screen. 

This has happened before but it wouldn't just freeze completely it would only take a few seconds for it to go back to normal.

Message 54 of 113 (1,071 Views)

Re: Game freezing

★ Guide

I am in the same boot, now. I deleted a hamster cage and then my game got stuck. I try to save but nothing works. It saves and saves and saves ... I am on a Mac as well.

There is a post about the cage here, too: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-MFPSP-Rodent-Cage-Breaks-Game/m-p/7259787#M79999
Did you have a animal cage in the room?

Message 55 of 113 (1,065 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes! I have the same problem, I thought I was the only one, I didn't realise it was the hamster cage until I just deleted it again.

Message 56 of 113 (1,033 Views)

Hero

HI @mossysapling 

I merged your post with the existing thread then.

Would be good if you also click on the me too button on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 113 (1,027 Views)

Bug with My First Animal Stuff

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and game packs, 1 stuff pack - My First Pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put cage with Bubalus and then exit game, later try to play in that house
What happens when the bug occurs? I put Bubalus in his cage in house, when I closed the game and later came back, I couldnt go inside a house - when I deleted cage with pet I could play normally. (I put "rallely" in percentage, because it happened only once, I was scared of bugging my sims family, I played with them too long so I didnt put cage again to check)
What do you expect to see? I should have cage with pet in house and play normally
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

(Really sorry for bad english, its not my first language, I tried my best)

Message 58 of 113 (983 Views)

Re: Bug with My First Animal Stuff

Hero

Hi @cudnie 

you did well, no worries about language barriers.

The cage seems to have a number of issues so I merged your post with an existing thread we have. 

Thanks for the report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 59 of 113 (980 Views)

Re: Bug with My First Animal Stuff

★★★ Newbie
Thanks for moving my post, I couldn't find any threads about it!
Message 60 of 113 (979 Views)